Wednesday 21 October 2020

Books, books and more books

What’s on your Workdesk Wednesday link

We are watching the new BBC2 Sara Cox book club programme ‘Between The Covers’ on Friday nights and loving it, as much as we enjoyed Grayson Perry’s Art Club.

This Friday will be episode 3 but I’m reading for episode 4 to get ahead a bit.


This Lovely City is my next read.  London after the blitz, jazz musicians and music halls and a city that could be torn apart.


I’m ready for week 5 as I’ve just finished Simple Pleasures, so I can’t wait to hear the panels take on it.


The great thing about it is I’ve never read any of the authors before and it’s so refreshing.  All the books were published in 2020 but on the programme they talk about older books, their favourite books, books that made them laugh out loud, books they’ve read time and again, ones they’ve give up on and lots of other different aspects of reading.

I sound a bit giddy about it all don’t I.  Well it’s because I am. It’s so good to have something that takes us away from the current situation for awhile.  Philip doesn’t even read books and be loves this quick fire programme.

 
Keep smiling everyone
Lynn
x

If I get fed up of reading there’s always this lot to get through desk hoppers - heehee



No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS