Wednesday 16 August 2017

Books, birthdays and picnics


That was a quick week, I've gained a year since I was last here.
Time flies fast and I got a new watch off the lovely hubby for my birthday.
One that I don't need my glasses on to see.

 

On my desk I've been making little pockets for the books that mean a lot to me 
and/or are very old and need a bit of protection


I've handstitched the title of the book on the front


I'm going to be standing them up on some display shelves once the wandering welder gets home and puts them up.  Apparently I am not to be trusted with a drill.


Having them covered is also very useful for taking them with me when I'm out in the countryside having a picnic, with my parasol over my head to keep the sun off,  sitting on a travel rug eating cucumber sandwiches and little fancy cakes. On the best china of course and using damask napkins.

And if you believe that you don't live in wet and windy North West England
This is the hanging I was working on last week


Time for a bit of desk hopping over at Julia's place



No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS