Wednesday 3 April 2024

March blogging


Hello and thanks for popping by.  I’ve had a few problems with disappearing blog photos so I’m hoping that this lot stay put.

Above is a screenshot of my Instagram account and a look around my studio, housed in the centre of our 1950’s country cottage.


Im weaning myself into blog writing as I’ve a bigger project coming up and need the practice.



Spring is on its way, the first signs in our garden are the snowdrops and the camellia which is a beautiful bush but the heaviness of the flowers mean it doesn’t last long as they drop off.


This pic made me chuckle.  It’s my 20 year old VW Beetle Frida getting a good wash.  How I love my car, I’ve had it since new and will never part with it.


I’ve done a bit of crafting in the form of an Easter wreath using dried flowers.  There’s been some fiffing and faffing about curating the studio wall.


And we had a meet up with some of the members of The No Rules Textile Society members.  We met up at Jayne Emerson’s home and studio in the beautiful village of Dumbleton, Gloucester.


And of course the wandering welder came along as well.
He loves a good rummage through the fabric stash.



We’ve visited the magnificent newly renovated Rochdale Town Hall.  You may recognise it from the tv series Peaky Blinders.  It is well worth a visit if you are in North West England.  There’s a great pub over the road for lunch as well (The Flying Horse).


As April brings us longer daylight hours it’s good to get outside.  Hope to see toy again soon. 
Lynn x


10 comments:

  1. Great to see you and catch up - I love the photo of your car being washed, it's like someone's thrown paint over it! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to get back into a routine. Thanks for all the love and support. Great desk today. Sarah #11

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky duck having Cloth Stories. I love Ali's work. She's such a lovely person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've followed you on Instagram, of course, but it's nice to find you here again. I'm intrigued about your upcoming project. Im sure it will be fun. When I spotted in the corner of your craftroom the suitcase on the radiator, I realised it was the answer to what to do with Alan's briefcase. It's a heavy old thing but will be perfect for displaying treasures too. I love the name of your cottage. Reminds me of one I lived in years ago - it's name was Tradewinds! Have a great week. Elizabeth x #16

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to see your blog post pop up, Lynn!
    It looks like you've had a well-filled month of March!
    I actually gasped when I saw poor Freda, until I realized what was going on :-)
    Lots of love to you both from us two xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see you again Lynn. Great photographs. Wishing you a very happy belated woyww, Angela x7x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Lovely to see you both in all your finery! Now I know why you were passing buy Walsall the other day. That course looks soooo good!
    Having met Frida I totally understand why you're so attached to her, she's fabulous.
    Our post-industrial towns have some incredible architecture, don't they? Rochdale Townhall is gorgeous and all the better for having Cillian Murphy visit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see you back. If this post is any indication, you and The Welder are out and about so much, surprising you have the time to post LOL! I thought the car was an art installation - it could be, you know? :)
    Back to late but Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cottage is amazing! I watch a lot of British TV (East Enders, Midsommer Murders, Coronation Street, etc.) so I see a lot of "villages" and "cottages." They always look so peaceful! The townhall is very stately!

    I apologize for the late visit. We are having modem issues. Getting on the internet was a hit or miss thing!
    Have a great week!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, WOYWW #3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to see you today and to catch up with all you've been doing. I'm intrigued about your upcoming project...I hope we get to hear all about it.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #8

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS