Tuesday 26 March 2024

I’m still here - What’s on your Workdesk

THIS IS AN OLD POST THAT DISAPPEARED 

Happy new year one and all.  I’m still here, albeit in the background of blogland.  How do you like my Wonka coat. Did you see the film.  I liked it so much I’m going again next week with friends.


I’ve not been out the house for three days, we are snowed in. On top of that the front door handle has snapped off on the outside so the wandering welder is having to do his stuff and repair it.  We’ve not been short of company though as we’ve had mice since before Christmas.  The joy of living in the countryside I suppose.


I’ve been doing a lot of reading recently.  If you’ve watched the Netflix series Fool Me Once with Joanne Lumley and Michelle Keegan, read the book it’s gripping.



Here’s another great read and a new author to me.  I watch Sara Cox’s, Between The Covers programme on bbc2, Watching the programme has led to me discovering authors I wouldn’t have given a second glance.

There’s been many a late night and early morning spent with a good book already this year.


Craft wise there’s been nothing going on apart from a Christmas wreath I made for my sisters’ new door

I’ve done a bit of fiffing and faffing in my studio, rearranging stuff on the walls


Hopefully writing this post will get me back into the swing of things. 


I mustn’t sign off without telling you what the wandering welder is upto, beside mending things and chasing mice.  He’s now co-presenting a country music radio programme on a local radio station. I have my very own Vernon Kay haha.

  See you soon.
Lynn xx







9 comments:

  1. Loved this , Lynn. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely post Lynn I loved blogs

      Delete
  2. Lovely to see a post rom you, pop up! Wasn't Wonka brilliant? It captured the essence of the original film so well and young Timothée Chalamet is utterly spellbinding (I watched him in The French Dispatch three times!)
    Sorry about the mice but you can't blame them for visiting your lovely home! I hope DJ Phil manages to get that door handle fixed inbetween spinning the discs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you. Happy New Year . I must get out to the book shop when I am over COVID. Thanks for sharing. x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat, I've missed your blogs. Love that cushion and would love a look through that bookcase!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello stranger! So glad to see you pop up in my feed!
    I guess there's something to be said for being snowed in - that is, if you've got enough food, books and craft materials in :-) We've got mice too, but I'm glad to say they are happy to stay in the potting shed! DJ Phil Holland: now that sounds very exciting! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, what a lovely, tidy studio, full of eclectic chic and inspiration. Love your velvet coat. Mice are nice, but have their place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see you! I watched the series “Fool me once” . Very good. Fabulous velvet coat. Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to see your name on WOYWW, it seems so long since our paths crossed - I've been a very intermittent blogger due to struggling with motivation but hopefully things are on the up and like you I'm hoping that posting more will definitely help. I absolutely love your studio and all your treasures, and have had 'wall envy' since the first days of your blog!! Well done to hubby for his radio slot, that's fantastic - although I'd prefer my own Ken Bruce, I'm still missing him and not yet 'bonded' with Vernon! The Between the Covers book club has been great, although my book shelves are groaning at the weight of more books waiting to be read. The coat is gorgeous, as is your wreath - wow, that ribbon!!
    Have a good week and stay warm and cosy,
    Diana xx #13

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS