Wednesday 1 May 2024

April you’ve been fun and full on


April you have been full on, but then I did know that as it’s me who organises events, so I can’t complain about being shattered can I.

We started with a few days away with my mum and sister at Alvaston Hall in Cheshire.  The weather was lovely as was the evening entertainment and food.  We even managed some outdoor games.



We followed this with a day aboard the elegant Northern Belle train, travelling from Todmorden in Yorkshire up country then back down via Lancaster.  Our friends who were celebrating their 60th birthdays loved the whole experience. 



The day after we drove upto the Lake District to open our caravan for the start of the 2024 season. Again the weather was kind to us. Our friends followed us up and we went to see our favourite band My Darling Clementine.


What a quirky venue, high above the town of Ulverston, in the village hall at Water Yeats.  We rocked upto a wooden hall painted blue and inside it was laid out cafe style with an audience of around 30.  We had been told to bring our own drinks and nibbles and had a fabulous evening.


Sunday we drove five minutes up the road to yew tree barn antiques and restoration centre.  It’s like Aladdin’s cave and always a must to visit.  





Look at the gorgeous interior of the Swan Hotel at Newby Bridge where we had our evening meal.



Even the loos had amazing wallpaper.


Add into the month a few lunches out with other friends and we move onto last weekend and two trips to Manchester.

Friday we had dinner at the Bridgewater Hall followed by a concert by the Average White Band, their final tour ever.

We were transported back 46 years to our courting days, driving down to Port Madog in Philip’s Ford Mustang with their music blasting out of the cassette player, and also the soul sounds of Earth Wind & Fire.  Happy days.


Still with me ?

Saturday it was an early start with the drive over to Bolton to look at kitchens for my sister Jill.  This was followed by a quick dash over to my favourite tea room Park Farm in Ramsbottom for Afternoon Tea with friend Sue who needed cheering up.


Sunday saw us at the annual Antique Textile Fair at Fallowfield, Manchester.  We saw lots of fellow Instagram chums and had our photo featured on the Textile Society’s page.


I was quite restrained in my spending but couldn’t resist this 50’s fabric covered box.


I also picked up a piece of 1950’s barkcloth and a bundle of French print scraps.


Art & craft wise Ive played about making a mood board then using the app PhotoGrid I created a blended image of fabrics and a ceramic jug I have, made by artist Karen Shapley.



Well that’s it from me and a very busy April.  I’m leaving out the sad bits as I want to remember the month as a joyous one with lots of fun times with friends.

Hope you’ve all had a good April and are looking forward to May and all it will bring us.


Linking up with What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday 








11 comments:

  1. I am exhausted just reading all of that! But then I guess if it is a month's worth of fun and frolic, maybe it would be fine stretched over 30 days :) Love that box - must mention the Textile museum to my MIL when they visit end of the summer. She'd love it. They are a folky duo so My Darling Clementine may be on their radar as well. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to in May...
    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (5)
    (sigh - I just KNEW I would get that Failed to Publish message) will keep trying...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved you're blogging it was fantastic to be part of it looking forward to May with you phill our very special friends love ya loads 😘 ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun, loving all your photos. What an exciting time. So happy for all of you. Happy Woyww and Happy May Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful month you've had. I've enjoyed catching up with you. Milly says hello too...she was 8 on the 16th April [where has that time gone?].
    Hugs,
    Annie x #9

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy! What a glorious post, I'm going back to enlarge every single one of those photos and drool over the details! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous month ! Happy woyww Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you've been busy and having a great time. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you have had lots of brilliant times in April Lynn as well as some sad. No wonder you are tired though. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a wonderful month filled with memories. And yummy food! Loving that mood board and what you've done with the photo merging. I'd love to go to a posh dinner on a train - always looks so ownderfully whistful! Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #7 www.prettymypage.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful month you've had, making some special memories along the way. A great read and some fabulous pictures too. Thanks for sharing. Happy woyww Michelle #19

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a full-on month indeed. I'm exhausted just reading about it all.
    Thank you for sharing, and much love to you and Philip! xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS