Tuesday 5 April 2022

No desk this week - WOYWW 670


No desk to show again this week because we are having an adventure in Yorkshire. Oakworth near Haworth to be precise, and we are staying in this delightful air BnB named Curiosity Cottage.



Even though it’s wet and windy, it’s been a good time to visit as there’s not many folk about but on the negative side a lot of things don’t open while later in the week, so we will have to do the Brontë Parsonage on the way home on Thursday.


These are the cottages on Main Street, Haworth. So pretty, I wonder how many are actually lived in by locals and how many are holiday lets.


This lovely shop is owned by the same people who own the cottage. They’ve owned it for 35 years. It’s worth going in for the beautiful aromas from bath salts and candles and to see the fantastic old shop fittings. The candles are made in a workshop at the back of the cottage we are staying in and there’s a little notice on the kitchen door spelling you that you will gets wafts of the beautiful aromas they are creating.  The bath salts and soaps are created in the cellar of the shop (think I’ve got that right).




We are going on the steam train today.
I’ll be channeling my inner Railway Children excitement.


Well we did spot Bernard Cribbins in the pub yesterday.


I’ll be back at my desk next week.
See you then.
Lynn
x


12 comments:

  1. What a feast for the eyes your blog post is - I love the quirky cottage you are staying in, and the shop is delightful. Haworth is a beautiful place, enjoy the Bronte Parsonage and I hope the weather brightens up for you - it's blowing a gale down here in the south today. Nearly forgot to say that I love the textile piece too!
    Diana xx #13

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place to visit. Inspiration round every corner.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #9

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos Lynn. A lovely spot to spend some time - enjoy! xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous place to be Lynn,loving all the photos here ... enjoy every minute! Love and hugs Tracy #15 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous photographs today - love the one with the bike in front and the train. It looks a lovely place to visit. Happy WOYWW. Angela #5

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oddly, my friends have just come back from there but not sure where they stayed but I know it wasn't actually in Haworth. Have alovely time. Hugs, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place to stay. That shop looks just divine. Have a great day on the steam train
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a delightful array of photos and curiosities Lynn. Loving that old fashioned shop and I bet it smells heavenly. Enjoy your break. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haworth and your Airbnb cottage look absolutely delightful. I'd love to have a wander around The Cabinet of Curiosities, and going for a ride on a steam train sounds quite the adventure! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look like you are having a great time! Enjoy the rest of your adventure. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness me, that guesthouse is gorgeous! I love the wallpaper behind the sink!
    I don't think I'd ever be able to drag myself away from The Curiosity Society, it looks like they might buy a lot of stuff from Drew Pritchard.
    Hope the train journey was brilliant and you enjoy the Brontë Parsonage later (I've never read any of their books, tut tut!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a treat this post is, a walk down Memory Lane, or maybe "up" is a better word choice as that hill is steep one! We were there in 2014 and I loved Haworth... such a delightful place and a dream come true to finally wander that street myself. I hope you had a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS