Friday 25 March 2022

Friday smiles and sunshine


The sun has been out and so have I.


Not without my thick tights and boots.  It’s not that warm yet.


We had a walk around the reservoir and watched the disabled water skiers.


Back home we spotted the neighbours through our privets, enjoying the fresh grass.


I came across a few funnies that are so relevant in our house
I had to include them.


I’m off to Todmorden today for a masterclass workshop with artist Alice Fox.


As Mum can’t taste anything at the moment we’ve decided not to go out for a meal on
Mother’s Day and have opted for a buffet lunch at home instead.

I’ll get to see my sister, who lives in Oxford, for the second time this month
and my brother who I haven’t seen since Christmas.

Whatever you do this weekend enjoy yourself 
Sorry I’ve got to run.  Last minute as usual.

Lynn
xxx

Linking up with 

7 comments:

  1. We have enjoyed time in the garden this week and it’s been so warm that the socks have come off and I’ve got my sandals on...I love this time of year. Great funnies. Have a lovely time at your masterclass...but do leave the heating on for the love of your life.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see the sun I am sure, but I don't blame you for keeping the socks and boots on. My feet feel the cold more than the rest of me these days.
    I'd like to have neighbours like that!
    Enjoy your family time this weekend. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I like your neighbors! Say hello to them from me.
    It's absolutely awful weather here! 8 degrees and pouring with rain. I had to go to the back this morning, yuck!
    I like your funnies.
    Is it Mother's Day this Sunday? My mum doesn't live in the UK, so no need to panic. In Holland it is the second Sunday in May. In Spain I can't remember. We've only just had Father's Day last week. (St Joseph, Jesus' dad, that figures).
    Have a lovely weekend,
    You might even be able to take those boots off!
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our weather has been gorgeously warm, but expected to turn a lot colder next week, so I won't be ditching my boots and tights just yet! Loving your gingham dress, my friend, and aren't your neighbours delightful?
    Enjoy your workshop tomorrow! Mother's Day is the 15th of August here, by the way, and like Lisca, we too had Father's day on the 19th, St. Joseph's day. Which means Jos got to celebrate twice, haha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you to have a workshop with Alice Fox. I am familiar with her rust work. Lucky you.

    Sorry to read about your mother. Loved the funnies. Have a great time in your workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that gingham dress, you're incorporating a lot more black into your wardrobe lately and i'm loving it, so dramatic and great with your lovely hair.
    It must have been a lot colder up North than here in the sunny Midlands, I changed into a bikini most afternoons last week!
    Have a brilliant weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. All sounds a bit wonderful - your funnies made me laugh out loud so thanks for those. I hope you have wonderful visits with your family - so nice to be able to gather again!

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS