Monday 28 June 2021

A full on weekend …..



Saturday was full on clearing out the wardrobes of all clobber that either didn’t fit
or hadn’t been worn for a couple of years.

As a reward for our efforts we had tea in the pub with our best friend Sue before the
long awaited gig at Bury Met of one of our favourite bands.

It was fantastically organised and we felt at ease and comfortable throughout.
The show was streamed live around the world and in the theatre we were seated
at tables with drinks brought to us.  There were a few tiered seats but in total I
counted only 60 people.  Normally I think it holds over 300.  We did wonder
how they could make it pay.  Maybe the artists are just glad to be working again
and do it at a reduced rate.

The show was brilliant and we left on a high.


It was nice to come out and it still be warm and light outside.

We bumped into a workmate who I hadn’t seen for some
20 years. It was good to see you Michelle and nice to hear
you read my blog. Thank you.  I’ll dig out some photos of us.


Here’s the wandering welders other wife Sue, our friend of
almost 40 years.  It’s great to restart our Three Amigos trips
out again.


We had an early start on Sunday as we had to get the car loaded
up with all our destash clobber to donate to Barnados Vintage
Charity Shop in Cheadle.


The manager, Gemma, said she would open the shop specially
for us.  Honestly, it would be a much better world if there were more folk
like Gemma around. She is so passionate and dedicated to her work.
What an asset she is to the charity,




Sometimes you’ve just got to let things go.
Then again I have had some outfits for years and all preloved,
bought from charity shops, vintage traders or gifted to me.

It’s the best sort of recycling.  I donate to the vintage charity shop.
They get an extra 25p from the government for every pound raised.
Vintage traders among other folk will buy the clothes, then they will sell
them on.  Round and round it goes.  Happy days.


After dropping everything off we headed over to see goddaughter
Amy and boyfriend Dylan in their new home in Wilmslow, then
we all drove over to Pear Mill Vintage Emporium in Stockport.




There’s over 70 traders in the mill and it was all very organised
with folk adhering to the one way system.  It was nice to be back.

There was even time for coffee and cake in the Vintage Tearoom,
although we did notice that all the usual board games were missing.
I was hoping to give Philip a whopping at domino’s.  Last time
we were there he thrashed me at the game after saying he’d never
played before.



So that was the weekend.
As much as I enjoy what we do, there’s something to be said
for the quieter days of lockdown. 







6 comments:

  1. What lovely things you've been doing this weekend. It's quite hard adjusting back to a busy pace of life after all these months of slow life. I am looking forward to school finishing for the summer so we can slow down a bit. With the girls back at school, and some clubs restarting and working a couple of days I feel like my life is whizzing by. After all the months of a slow pace it seems harder to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m exhausted after all our comings and going’s. You’re right it is hard adjusting back to a busy pace. I’m going to have to find a balance.
      I think we are all finding it a bit hard to adjust xx

      Delete
  2. Goodness me, I had to do a double take, Dylan is the dead spit of Professor Brian Cox!
    What a fab weekend, music, friends, decluttering and a chance to dress up. Gemma will be really glad of your generous donation! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to part with a few things I didn’t want to but they didn’t fit so they had to go. Sorry to say a lovely skirt and top you gave me were amongst them. On the plus side there’s benefits all round xxx

      Delete
  3. A full-on weekend, indeed. I can't remember when we last had one like this, as ours tend to be rather quiet affairs lately.
    Well done on decluttering and donating your surplus vintage stuff. I should take a leaf out of your book, really. And oh my, Barnardo's is going to do a roaring trade selling all that wonderful stuff.
    Pear Mill Vintage Emporium sounds delightful and I'm agreeing with Vix in that Amy's boyfriend is a deadringer for Professor Brian Cox! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it’s amazing how tiring enjoying yourself can be Ann. Part of me wants to go back to the slower pace of lockdown. I’ll have to find a balance.
      You’d love Pear Mill but you’d need a van to take all the stuff you’d buy back with you haha xxx

      Delete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS