Friday 9 April 2021

Staying put


April seems to be all about home.


The mornings are lighter and the sun streams in through
the window before we rise.  


 Last year we talked about moving to somewhere nearer to
public transport and shops.  I didn’t want to be stuck on top
of this hill in my dotage and not able to get out.


But after masses of research and house hunting we came to the
conclusion that we would take our chances and stay put.

And so realising what a godsend living where we do has been
over the last twelve months we’ve now got stuck into all the
jobs we’ve been putting off.


The office is now a bright and inviting guest room.


The kitchen garden is now a nice area to sit out.


I’ve got a proper washing line at last.
See this quilt, it’s hand stitched and I came across it
in a charity shop a couple of years ago for £12.
I had to give it a new home.  Can you imagine the 
hours of work and love that went into making it.


Plans to move the pond and the old ivy are ongoing but
making great headway.


We are giving the bathroom a bit of a makeover and once I’ve
finished this cover for the garden bench I’ll be making a blind 
for the window.  I can’t sew soft furnishings for toffee.  There’s
no measuring or patterns, it’s all very rough and ready.


By the time we’ve finished all our plans we will be to
exhausted to move off the chair never mind move house.

So I guess we will be known as the folk who live on the
hill for another 30 years hopefully.

If you come calling bring cake.
Kettles always on.


Time for a bit of Gardeners World and some catch up tv before bed.
Have a good weekend and stay safe.

Lynn
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS