Sunday 11 April 2021

What a difference a day makes



What a difference a day makes.

Saturday was clear and bright and warm enough not to need thermals.
Then overnight the snow came down with a real thud.


Back to Saturday, the midi skip we hired to dump all the chopped down ivy in is filling up nicely.  We needed a new manhole cover for the drain in the garden so Philip popped off to the local builders merchant and came back grumbling that it had cost him £24.  To say the last one has been there 50 years, I didn’t see the problem.

Should have taken a photo of him down the hole cleaning the drain out. Yes I was tempted to close the lid on him heehee.


I spent a lovely couple of hours on a zoom meeting with the NO RULES TEXTILE SOCIETY members.  We chatted about what we had been doing since our last link up and looked at each other’s pieces for the TUFTED prompt we had been working on.  It’s so nice being with like minded folk.  One of the ladies lives in New Zealand, so I’ve no idea what time it was for her.


Our beloved leader JAYNE EMERSON pulled a new prompt from the selection she keeps in a jar.  This time we are looking at LACE.  The idea now before our next meet up is to find images and fabrics to work with.



To get me started I’ve pinned this doily to the cork wall I use for displays in my studio. After lunch I watched a You Tube video that Jayne had recommended.  It was a conversation with two textile artists about the process of their work.


Taking advantage of some time where I wouldn’t be disturbed I did my Pilates practice before making a tea of scampi, rice and beetroot & carrot salad.  The evening was spent watching episodes of The Repair Shop we’d missed and BBC4’s Canal Diaries.



Looks like the snow is melting as fast as it fell.
Don’t think there’ll be any garden work done today though.

Take care and enjoy your day 
Lynn
X

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, what a difference indeed. I wonder if the weather gods have caught up with the fact that it is Spring? We had a bit of snow earlier this week, but luckily it didn't stick. I'm glad to hear it's not sticking around where you are either. The idea of you being tempted to close the lid on Philip did make me chuckle :-) Must have been quite a lot of ivy if you needed a midi skip! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would have put the lid on Philip !! Paul is the same at the moment, I just leave him to stew in his own juice. He soon gets over it.
    I couldn’t believe the weather back home until mum sent me a picture. Seemed lovely if a tad late, they even had a weather warning in their area!
    We are the same we watch different things. But we still enjoy things together love and huggs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you look at that! We had two hours of snow on Sunday but it didn't stick, thank goodness.
    You made me giggle about Philip and his indigation over the lid! Jon gets cross about having to spend money on boring essentials, too - he'd rather fritter it away on beer, sweets and fancy footwear! xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS