Friday 9 April 2021

Staying put


April seems to be all about home.


The mornings are lighter and the sun streams in through
the window before we rise.  


 Last year we talked about moving to somewhere nearer to
public transport and shops.  I didn’t want to be stuck on top
of this hill in my dotage and not able to get out.


But after masses of research and house hunting we came to the
conclusion that we would take our chances and stay put.

And so realising what a godsend living where we do has been
over the last twelve months we’ve now got stuck into all the
jobs we’ve been putting off.


The office is now a bright and inviting guest room.


The kitchen garden is now a nice area to sit out.


I’ve got a proper washing line at last.
See this quilt, it’s hand stitched and I came across it
in a charity shop a couple of years ago for £12.
I had to give it a new home.  Can you imagine the 
hours of work and love that went into making it.


Plans to move the pond and the old ivy are ongoing but
making great headway.


We are giving the bathroom a bit of a makeover and once I’ve
finished this cover for the garden bench I’ll be making a blind 
for the window.  I can’t sew soft furnishings for toffee.  There’s
no measuring or patterns, it’s all very rough and ready.


By the time we’ve finished all our plans we will be to
exhausted to move off the chair never mind move house.

So I guess we will be known as the folk who live on the
hill for another 30 years hopefully.

If you come calling bring cake.
Kettles always on.


Time for a bit of Gardeners World and some catch up tv before bed.
Have a good weekend and stay safe.

Lynn
x

8 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful home you have! And you are continuing to make it even better.
    I suppose you know the song: the folks who live on the hill. Beautiful song. I love it.
    The view from you bedroom is to die for.Lucky you.
    Have a great weekend whatever the weather,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a way of making a home special. It looks like a really lovely hill to live on Lynn...maybe I will see it one day 😀
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely view from your bedroom - I’d never want to get up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a very special place there, many people would cut their right arm off to live in a place like that.
    In japan it’s the land that is worth more than the home as homes over the years devalue and the land prices shoot up especially in Toyko. Mind you all we can see is tower blocks and over small buildings.
    So yes I would swop your view you would soon change your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The views you have are amazing, I can see how it would be hard to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think I love this post ! ♥️ I get to have a little mooch at all your homely bits & bobs ! It’s all very loverly and homely .. I got to see your little wild life pond too . Don’t move it’s jolly hard work ! 6 months of not being able to put my washing out because of pesky old building site outside and the huge skips ! Must have had 8 of this doing this old house up ! Keep safe - and just keep visiting ( moi ) lots of love .. 😘 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, your home is absolutely delightful Lynn. It is all so you! And I wouldn't mind waking up to that spectacular view every morning. I'm glad you made the decision to stay put! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. And a beautiful home it is, too! Jon and I were mesemerised by that view when we came to stay and I don't blame you for wanting to stay put.
    That wall looks lovely, it does seem a shame to hide it under ivy. Looking forward to seeing your pond take shape, too! xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS