Saturday 16 January 2021

Saturday - A different kind of fiffing & faffing today


Hello Saturday 


Dressed for the grand arrival of this


It’s a super textile piece by artist, author & tutor

I used some of my Christmas money to buy it.
I much prefer pieces direct from the artist or vintage pieces
to the mass produced stuff.


Before the pandemic I was like that with clothes.
They were either charity shop finds, vintage purchases - 
like this tank top we found in a little vintage clothes and antique shop In Kendal, or made by British crafters like my allotment skirt from Instagram buddie Bodkincreates.



Playing around with the camera on the new iPad Air.
My old iPad had given up the ghost years ago and this is so much better than 
Blogging with my phone.


As always stay safe and stay home if you can.
Lynn 
x

16 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! I buy most of my clothes in the second hand shops or from second hand sellers online. I love the colorful textile piece too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missing having a rummage in the charity shops. But then again I could just rummage in my wardrobe it’s that big haha x

      Delete
  2. I like your floral skirt and new art piece you purchased directly from the artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scouting out the thrift stores for good buys. I've found some really lovely pieces that I treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see the size of my thrifted wardrobe haha x

      Delete
  4. Oh you lucky duck!!Mandy Pattullo is having a workshop at Loop, London in June and I'm thinking with all my might how I could get there and who I could stay with for the weekend! Then I gave myself a reality check!!Completely forgot these aren't 'normal' times! Love your skirt too.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps Her new book looks amazing and Loop are having a giveaway for it.

      Delete
  5. That textile piece is stunning, Lynn, and well worth spending your Christmas money on! I also adore your curtain couture skirt! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a lovely heavy skirt Ann just right for chilly days.
      Mandy Pattullo’s books and work has long been one of my favourite textile artists xxx

      Delete
  6. That textile is gorgeous, what a lovely thing to treat yourself to! Always good to see the Allotment skirt and very impressed with your photos. Your hair isn't looking lockdown wild at all! xxs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll let you into a secret about my hair..... it’s not been washed since the 31st December. Xxx

      Delete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS