Friday 15 January 2021

Lockdown Diary 2021 ...... the hole inspector


Friday morning rolled in with a low mist over the valley and snow on the hills.

Sat up in bed with the first cup of tea of the day I read for a bit, wrote up my journal and caught up on emails and social media.

After a shower and my usual morning Pilates practice and breakfast I got stuck into the day ahead.


There’s been a mahoosive hole in our lane for months and with the wet weather and constant daily use it’s now started to sink right across the tarmac.

I’ve given myself the task of reporting it to BT whose underground cables are the cause of it. Today’s job was to provide photographic evidence of said hole. Much more damage and we will be stranded up the hill, it’s started sinking on the other side now


Today’s planned job was to sort through a set of drawers in my craft room that haven’t been touched for years.


Ever had that sinking feeling that you wish you hadn’t started.  I walked away from it twice.


But look, now I’ve sorted all my tools into one drawer and the others are equally as tidy.


I text my Mum in the afternoon telling her I’d completely gone off the boil today and felt down in the dumps, it’s not often that happens. 

In the end I put the heating on, curled up on the sofa and watched a bit of telly, hoping it would pass.

It did after a lovely tea of  Mediterranean quiche, vegetable rice and salad, a good catch up over What’s App with my niece, followed by a fit of laughter watching the BBC 1 programme ‘Would I Lie’ to you.

And now it’s 
Saturday 16th January


Today would have been Auntie Gladys’s 89th birthday.
I miss her and her funny and fun ways.

Time for tea and Tony now.
(Radio 2 Sounds of the 60’s)

Happy weekend everyone
Stay safe and well
Lynn
X





No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS