Friday 22 January 2021

Lockdown Diary .... Step away from the biscuit barrel


WEDNESDAY 


Wednesday is our weekly shopping day.
Despite the lashing rain we still went to our local outdoor market.
Chatting with the traders is so nice and the fresh products are the best.


That’s the fridge and pantry filled again.
Shopping is the nice bit it’s washing it all off once we are back home that’s a nuisance.
But I think we’ve developed a good system now between us.
Then there’s always a lovely lunch of fresh sandwiches and cake from the bakery.
Followed by a quiet afternoon reading.


Can you see the silly sayings I’ve doodled on the pantry doors.
I’ll paint them in properly one day.

EAT FRUIT NOT PIES
STEP AWAY FROM THE BISCUIT BARREL 

It’s not really a pantry, it’s an upcycled  pine wardrobe.
One day when I either find a proper one that will fit in the gap
or I win the lottery and can afford one of those bespoke ones I’ll change it.


Now if you’re feeling you need a bit of cheering up you
can share these lovely flowers with me before I take them
down the lane to my friend and neighbour who’s been a bit poorly of late.

THURSDAY 


We’ve woken up to rain, wind and snow this morning.
That doesn’t bode well for a trip out to the accountants, dropping off a birthday 
present at our nephews and collecting a pile of books from the library.

I enrolled in their Request & Collect scheme the other day.
You fill in a form saying what type of books you like and any authors in particular 
then the librarian selects up to 12 books for you and you go and collect them.
Sounds good to me.  I’ll report back on that one and the other photos in the collage 
at the top of the page.


I’m off to dig out my thermals now.
Stay safe all.
Lynn
X



No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS