Saturday 10 October 2020

Lockdown Diary.... What’s your therapy?


Therapy for me has to be reading


Bibliotherapy
Some facts

Reading can even relax your body by lowering your heart rate and easing the tension in your muscles. A 2009 study at the University of Sussex found that reading can reduce stress by up to 68%. It works better and faster than other relaxation methods, such as listening to music or drinking a hot cup of tea.


I know that I am getting through books at a right rate of knots these days and that I’m looking at different authors.  Mostly the books have been via recommendations by Instagram chums.  


A lot of the books on our shelves we’ve had for years. We tend to only give away the fluffy reads, keeping the ones we’ve really enjoyed to be read again sometime in the future.



Friday night saw the start of a new BBC2 book club Between The Covers hosted by Sarah Cox.  It was quick it was fiery, fun and definitely held my attention.  Matt Haig talked about his book The Midnight Library which I can definitely recommend if you like books that do time-slips through people’s lives. 


Earlier in lockdown we had the Richard & Judy Book Club on the telly which I loved as well.

I’ve always been an avid reader from the first time my mum started teaching me and taking me to the local library, which I still go to now.  


Music and watching selected television programmes are my therapy as well.  Oh, and the puzzles in Saturday’s Daily Mail magazine and occasionally a bit of mindful stitching. I should add chatting with friends, Pilates and driving my VW Beetle. Crikey if I keep thinking about it I’ll have a list as long as my arm.

So what’s your therapy ?

Thanks for popping by
Lynn
X



No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS