Saturday 10 October 2020

Autumn clobber



My favourite piece of clobber for A/W 2020 is going to be



these rust coloured tapered cord trousers from Toast.
I call them my urchin pants.



Last weekend I cleared the wardrobe and put some winter outfits together. Today I’ve got my old Clark’s loafers on, a charity shopped tweed jacket by French Designer Agnes Flo, that I picked up for £8 a few years ago.  A Tricel vintage kipper tie blouse. Again I’ve had that a few years and the knitted vintage waistcoat we picked up in Keswick.  I say we, as I share it with the wandering welder.

This is the first of many outfits I’ve put together based around my urchin cords.


Sunday we went out for a Sunday lunch with Mum
and my sister.  Could be the last for awhile.  It was a good excuse to wear my new Toast dress.


It’s teamed up with my old trusty biker jacket, Fly
London Mary Jane shoes and dark green opaque tights.


Like the cord trousers I’ve matched the frock up with different jackets, cardies, boots & shoes, so there’s plenty of wear in it.

And now to tidy up my coloured tights drawer.


And there’s more besides 

Fingers crossed the government don’t shut the restaurants this week or I’ll be dressing up to greet the postman.

Lynn 
X



10 comments:

  1. I was trying to think who you remind me of and when I saw that first pic of the 'urchin' pants, it came to me. Diane Keaton, of course and you have the same eclectic style. I have a pair of similar looking 'pants', only with the extra 3 stone I've gained since March, I look like a very large girl scout at best and at worst, the back end of the pantomime cow! Our restaurants oop North are all closed for the next 16 days or so but no chance of me even dressing up for the postman! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me chuckle with your descriptions of your covid weight gain. I’ve gone up a dress size myself. I’ll take the Diane Keaton compliment though thank you very much. I did a blog post ages ago about her style, I’ll have to go back and check it out.
      We’ve been thinking it in Tier 2 thankfully so at least we can still eat out. Hope things change near you soon xx

      Delete
  2. Love the pants - and the dress - well everything really! We are moving towards the hot weather now so my clothes will be very casual. I much prefer winter clothes which always seem more stylish somehow..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like winter clothes best myself, through I don’t like dressing to go out in the rain, that’s no fun unless you’ve got a. Bobby dazzler of a brolly haha x

      Delete
  3. I love my A/W clothes and can't wait to wear them all. Your urchin cords look gorgeous combined with the kipper tie blouse, tweed jacket and waistcoat. I love it that you are sharing it with Philip :-) I suddenly remembered I bought a pair of rust coloured cords (wide legged) last year. Now where did I put them? I'm glad to hear you were able to go out for Sunday lunch with your Mum and sister, and I'm loving the Toast dress you wore, which looks fab with your biker jacket. The coloured tights are a sight for sore eyes, such a rainbow of colour! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like I’ll be dressing to meet the postman now Ann as we are mostly confined to barracks again haha. Xxx

      Delete
  4. The urchin pants look fabulous, I remember admiring the tweedy ones you wore last year. The Toast dress is fab as well, well worth a splurge as their ethics are superb.
    I've never had so few clothes in my wardrobe as I've keep most of my fancy frocks packed away until life returns to normal. I'm loving experimenting with different combinations, too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t think folk appreciate the urchin look as much as I like wearing them, which makes me wear them more haha.
      Maybe we are trying out the capsule wardrobe look Vix Xxx

      Delete
  5. love the pants I have a jumpsuit that colour. I must dig it out!! time to get snuggly.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS