Friday 7 August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Soup, Harlots and Auriculas


I’ve got my pinny on.  Alexa is playing Smooth Chill.


Recipe at the ready.


Let the chopping begin.


So tonight’s tea (that’s what us northerners have) is Jamie’s sweet leek and watercress soup with seeded bread rolls.

Now time to sweep and mop the floor, have a walk round the block by which time my back will be killing me and I will need to lie down for 20 minutes while it puts itself back in place.


We will be taking our seats later for Monty Don and then there’s a bbc4 programme on the 70’s band The Real Thing.

Did anyone watch The Harlots on BBC2 last night.
What did you think of it.  Much better than A Suitable Boy.  I’ve sacked that one.

I’ve no idea if this video link will work as I’ve not done it before.  It’s of Corrine Young Textile Artist who I’ve had the pleasure of meeting when I attended a workshop she was facilitating at CREATE ESCAPE, Milnthorpe, Cumbria 
where we made bouquets of paper flowers.


I also have two of her beautiful stitched plants and a brooch.
It’s the first video Corrine’s done showing the process of her work.


I am going to do a few little posts of some my favourite British makers/artists as they need all the support they can get during the pandemic.


Can you believe the weekend is here again and it’s almost mid August.  I can’t believe where the hours and days go.

If you’re going out don’t forget your masks.  
See you next time and thanks always for popping by.



Lynn 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS