Friday 14 August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Life can be nice again


I came away from my friend Maria’s in Ulverston with a beautiful spray of flowers from her secret garden on Wednesday after a lovely day spent there.  We took our own picnics and kept socially distanced.  See blog post HERE

On Thursday I was overwhelmed by all the beautiful cards, messages and presents for my 65th birthday. The hankie came out several times during the day.  Mum took us out for lunch along with our best friend Sue. Again all staying in our own space.


I want to send out a big kiss and a thumbs up from me to everyone for making my day so lovely and making me feel so special with your lovely words and friendship.


If I ever feel a bit blue, I’ll be able to dip into my birthday basket of cards and smile, reminding myself of how lucky I am. 



And yes I did share the cake 


Oh for goodness sake, the wandering welder has to get his face in everywhere.  What an attention seeker.


Get back on your perch mate


Did I tell you he opened his wallet for the first time since Lockdown and spent all of £1.49 on a card for me.  I said there’s nothing in it.  No, he replied and there won’t be either being as you stuffed the money from the sale of my motorbike down your bra and I haven’t seen it since.

Oh yeh, he does have a point bless him.


Linking up with 

Have a good weekend
Thanks for popping by 

Lynn
x









No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS