Friday 14 August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Life can be nice again


I came away from my friend Maria’s in Ulverston with a beautiful spray of flowers from her secret garden on Wednesday after a lovely day spent there.  We took our own picnics and kept socially distanced.  See blog post HERE

On Thursday I was overwhelmed by all the beautiful cards, messages and presents for my 65th birthday. The hankie came out several times during the day.  Mum took us out for lunch along with our best friend Sue. Again all staying in our own space.


I want to send out a big kiss and a thumbs up from me to everyone for making my day so lovely and making me feel so special with your lovely words and friendship.


If I ever feel a bit blue, I’ll be able to dip into my birthday basket of cards and smile, reminding myself of how lucky I am. 



And yes I did share the cake 


Oh for goodness sake, the wandering welder has to get his face in everywhere.  What an attention seeker.


Get back on your perch mate


Did I tell you he opened his wallet for the first time since Lockdown and spent all of £1.49 on a card for me.  I said there’s nothing in it.  No, he replied and there won’t be either being as you stuffed the money from the sale of my motorbike down your bra and I haven’t seen it since.

Oh yeh, he does have a point bless him.


Linking up with 

Have a good weekend
Thanks for popping by 

Lynn
x









16 comments:

  1. Looks like a good birthday to me! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a good birthday....I'm sure it was well deserved. I chuckled at your funnies cos I'm the little dog on the left being only about 5foot tall and when wading into the sea last Sunday it reached my 'parts' long before it reached anyone elses :-) :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday! Glad you had a lovely day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you had a lovely birthday. Loving the doggie pics but Oh my! the angry lady with the rolling pin now that could be me!!!! Having taught Textiles Technology (though it was renamed several times over the 33 years I taught it) I am obsessed with scissors and see red and worse if anyone dares to use my fabric scissors for anything other than fabric and I can tell you the children knew it too......now I'm calming down a little lol....... and you have a great weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blooms & Friends ~ Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday and many many returns of the day, Lynn. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Colette. Hope you are safe and well xxx

      Delete
  7. Good to see you had a great birthday

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you managed to have a lovely birthday despite the current situations. It is always nice to be made to feel special.
    You garden is beautiful. So many flowers and lots of colour varieties.
    I saw the two little dogs on Facebook. They look so innocent and cute.
    Keep looking at those cards and smiling. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you had a lovely birthday. It's so nice to receive lots of cards and lots of messages. I'm sorry that there wasn't one from me because I didn't know. Perhaps I could have, but somehow missed it. Sorry. A belated many happy returns to you.
    I smiled at the wandering welder, (and the empty card...)
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am pleased to hear that you had the perfect birthday celebrations, and I am not at all surprised that you got so many messages, cards and presents. You totally deserve it, as you are so lovely. I'm honoured to be your friend. Oh, but that naughty welder ;-)) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann for your lovely words. I did think this year might be a bit of a belly flop but it’s been really. nice with some special moments.
      Friendships are so important and mean the world to me, especially now, and I thank you and Jos for yours xxx

      Delete
  11. hi, I am glad you had a lovely day and the flowers are fab!!! I am glad you got lots of presents and cards, you could have told me, I would have sent you something!!! It only takes 10 days !! Ahh well. Next time.
    I’m like you with money. Paul recently changed some pounds back as we don’t know when we will back and a swiped a handful of yen and went shopping lol!!! well he has paid for his new Astra to come air cargo! He’s a very naughty boy. But he has promised to take me away to Taipei when this calms down. AS IF!!!! I am more than happy to be your far away friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My birthdays go on for weeks Allie and I’ve still some treats to come. I don’t like parties, I much prefer to do lots of things with different friends and family. Hence why it last so long haha.
      Have a good weekend. I’m working on spending some of that bike money xx

      Delete
  12. What a lovely day, and those flowers are beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you had a lovely lockdown birthday! Love that photo of the WW muscling in on the action and snoozing in the garden. xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS