Sunday 2 August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Hello August

Saturday 1st August 

After a day of temperatures reaching 31 degrees on the last day of July, Saturday morning was a lot pleasanter to be out and about in.

So after our regular early morning singalong with Tony Blackburn on Radio 2 we got ourselves ready for shopping over the border in the lovely market town Todmorden.


Sadly our favourite coffee shop stop off has closed until further notice so we headed off to The Boardroom. It’s so called because they have lots of board games for customers to play while enjoying lunch or coffee and a cake. All complying with Covid regulations of course.

The girls worked with masks and gloves on and even though we couldn’t see their faces properly you could see the smile in their eyes and the warm welcome in their voices.  It was a delight to be there and the food and coffee was really good.


Walking back to the car after shopping on the market for fruit n veg, cleaning stuff and provisions for tea we spotted this new display on the edge of the canal.  We also found out it was Yorkshire Day.  Probably any other year there’d be all sorts of events going on.

Back home Philip went down to our local pub for a pint with his mate. They have a regular booked drinking table now on Saturday and Sunday for a couple of hours.  When he’s ready to come home he rings me and I get my exercise by walking down to meet him on his way back.   

Sunday 2nd August 

Lovely morning and I’m on fish feeding duties at the neighbours house while they’re away for the week.


I did a bit of dusting and vacuuming, well more faffing than anything then took Mum’s shopping down to her house.

The blue plates were my nana’s, I brought them home from Auntie Gladys’s house. They must be at least 80 years old and I’ve always loved looking at them.

Late afternoon Philip went off to see his mate again for an hour then I walked down to meet him on his way home for tea. Sunday is always an easy tea since we haven’t started eating out at the pub yet.


I am going to meet my friend for lunch tomorrow.  It’s a bit of a nervy event when going somewhere for the first time. 

Things in our part of the country are still a bit tight and rules are very vague, so we do our own risk assessment, don’t do anything or go anywhere where we are not comfortable.

Tonight we will be watching the second part of Greece with Simon Reeve and I’ll give the BBC1 drama A Suitable Boy, another go. I can’t say the first episode gripped me. In fact I think I nodded off before the end.


I’m starting reading Miss Benson’s Beetle tonight.  A lot lighter read than my last one. 

Lisa Woollett’s Rag & Bone 

I’m getting through books a lot quicker since we’ve been in lockdown, even though I only read in bed. The only time I read books during the day is on holiday. I’m sure that’s got something to do with always reading in bed from being a child.

I wonder what this week will bring for us all.
Whatever it is stay safe and only do what you feel happy with.


Lynn
x






No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS