Tuesday 4 August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Fruit, toothbrushes and a frock

Monday 3rd August 


The English berries at the moment are so deliciously tasty they deserve to be eaten separately.  So instead of eating them with porridge I’m having yoghurt from nearby Longley Farm made in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire (Here). Another plus for this local company is they don’t use any additives and their pots are recyclable.


Plastic toothbrushes and all the plastic packaging has now been banished and we’ve replaced them with these bamboo ones by www.bamboogaloo.com

I’m not on a rant just consciously making more of an effort to be environmentally friendly since reading Lisa Wooletts book. Rag and Bone.

Same as with my clothes.  The cardigan is a vintage tricel one I’ve had a few years and the dress is new by London based Plumo. Not the cheapest but in the sale affordable, good quality and I like their trading ethics.  The daughter of a friend of ours works for them.


Lovely friend Julia sent me the Alice band as she doesn’t wear it and knew I had a similar one after we bought them together last year while on holiday in the Lake District.

My brooch is a handmade one by the fabulous Sam Miller over on Instagram. Sam and her husband are always stunningly dressed in vintage clobber.  


So back to today.  After  completing the company Vat return and doing some other paperwork it was a trip out for lunch to support a local pub and to take advantage of the £10 eat out meal deal .  If you are careful what you do and where you go it can be a very nice experience despite this mad bubble we are all in.  It was relaxing and the food was great.  

We are still dithering about going to our caravan in the Lake District, we’ve not been yet this year. I think we will make a decision this week whether it’s a yay or nay to go next week for my birthday.

Our local post office is reopening today so I’m off to post some birthday cards and presents I’m late with.
As always take care and safe.
Lynn
x

Tomorrow’s blog
What’s on your Workdesk Wednesday 






7 comments:

  1. Plumo!! I love looking at their website, their clothes are stunning and that dress is no exception. I'm learning that one well chosen, beautifully made dress is a far better choice than piles of cheap compromises from charity shops, although it's taken me half a century to realise!
    We often buy Longley Farm natural yogurt when Johal's have it in stock.
    Your outfit is fabulous as is your lovely friend's, you match.
    We use electric toothbrushes but take bamboo toothbrushes on holiday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is bizarre how this lockdown thing has made us look at things differently. I can definitely see a change in my wardrobe and I think if I was to clear it out now there’d be very little of my old stuff I’d put back in it. I’ve got a few new frocks and I’m wearing them all the time.
      Try the Longley Farm Greek yoghurt it’s delicious. I’m planning a visit there when they reopen to visitors. It’s not to far from us xxx

      Delete
  2. Not just the English berries are delicious at this time of year, ours are pretty tasty ourselves! We've been enjoying them in our fruit breakfast every morning. I'll be replacing our toothbrushes with bamboo ones when our current ones wear out. I've seen them in our organic village shop, so I'll get them from there. And isn't that vintage Tricel cardi a lovely colour? Glad to hear you've been able to go for a pub meal, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the caravan! Wouldn't that be the best birthday present! Take care and keep safe, you two! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m eating the raspberries like sweeties Ann, they are so sweet. I usually add them to my porridge but you lose the flavour of them.
      Still a bit wary of venturing far from home. I need to get my big girl pants on and stop being such an anxious Annie.
      Lots of love xxx

      Delete
  3. english strawberries are the best, in japan are you ready for this you can pay up to an eye watering £150 for a punnet of strawberries as they are hand selected and graded on size and sweetness. We are often given gifts of food and fruit and vegetables , which is what I prefer. They taste out of this world. £150, I’m not so sure, but you can tell the difference. We were once given a square melon as a house warming gift, but they are not for eating !! They are to bring luck into the home.
    They can cost £200. Ridiculous I know. Every time my son goes on a school trip he will bring back cookies from that area as a thank you from letting him go.
    I love the dress, it is so pretty. I am getting more and restrained with my shopping and more selective. Which I think is working out. We have Been using bamboo here for years now.
    You would hate our recycling process as we have to separate and recycle everything and I mean everything. Get it wrong and you get a fine!! We have a big poster attached to the fridge telling you what goes we’re.
    We are still not eating out at the moment we did at Sendai but not at home. I still don’t feel comfortable. Take care and keep safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good grief that’s an eye watering amount of money for strawberries. I wouldn’t pay that if I won the lottery.
      I’ve just said to Vix my wardrobe is changing and I’m going for better quality and can see a lot of the stuff I already have, mainly charity shopped will be going back there.
      Take care Allie. Thanks for popping by.
      Lynn xx

      Delete
  4. Woot woo that dress is beauts ! And thank you for mentioning Plumo , Lynn ! 👗💞

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS