Tuesday 4 August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Fruit, toothbrushes and a frock

Monday 3rd August 


The English berries at the moment are so deliciously tasty they deserve to be eaten separately.  So instead of eating them with porridge I’m having yoghurt from nearby Longley Farm made in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire (Here). Another plus for this local company is they don’t use any additives and their pots are recyclable.


Plastic toothbrushes and all the plastic packaging has now been banished and we’ve replaced them with these bamboo ones by www.bamboogaloo.com

I’m not on a rant just consciously making more of an effort to be environmentally friendly since reading Lisa Wooletts book. Rag and Bone.

Same as with my clothes.  The cardigan is a vintage tricel one I’ve had a few years and the dress is new by London based Plumo. Not the cheapest but in the sale affordable, good quality and I like their trading ethics.  The daughter of a friend of ours works for them.


Lovely friend Julia sent me the Alice band as she doesn’t wear it and knew I had a similar one after we bought them together last year while on holiday in the Lake District.

My brooch is a handmade one by the fabulous Sam Miller over on Instagram. Sam and her husband are always stunningly dressed in vintage clobber.  


So back to today.  After  completing the company Vat return and doing some other paperwork it was a trip out for lunch to support a local pub and to take advantage of the £10 eat out meal deal .  If you are careful what you do and where you go it can be a very nice experience despite this mad bubble we are all in.  It was relaxing and the food was great.  

We are still dithering about going to our caravan in the Lake District, we’ve not been yet this year. I think we will make a decision this week whether it’s a yay or nay to go next week for my birthday.

Our local post office is reopening today so I’m off to post some birthday cards and presents I’m late with.
As always take care and safe.
Lynn
x

Tomorrow’s blog
What’s on your Workdesk Wednesday 






No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS