Sunday 5 July 2020

Lockdown Diary - A bit of self improvement


Last time I had painted nails was August 2019.  Fingers and toes were given a treat for my nephew Thomas’s wedding to his beautiful Chloi.


During lockdown my nails have, for whatever reason, become quite strong and not a bad shape to say I never do a thing to them.  I decided to have a bit of an online shop over at Barry M Cosmetics. A mid price range company. One I know friend Vix uses for her nail polishes.



After a check of my makeup bag I realised everything in it was years old.  Not very hygienic I’m sure, so I’ve replaced my mascara, added a nude lipstick and a much needed blusher.  That’ll probably be me done now for the next two years haha.  The makeup bag was off Spitalfields Market, London a few years ago and cost £4.  Sometimes its used as a bag when I just need my keys, phone and hankie.  I’ll be adding handsanitzer to it now I suppose. 


Took Mum out for lunch to our favourite tearoom and farm shop  

As I’ve been shopping there during lockdown and have been a friend of this family run business for years I knew we would be well looked after and everything would be in order.  And it was.  We both enjoyed a beautiful roast beef lunch and Mum had one of their renowned whimberry pies with custard.  I didn’t slack myself and had jam roly poly pudding and custard.  I’m not joking when I said I could have licked the plates clean it was all so good.


I couldn’t leave the wandering welder out could I. 

 “There’s a couple of things in my basket you might like to get your hands on”. I informed him


Keep staying safe and local 
Lynn 
x

Countdown now to getting my hair cut
4 more sleeps

8 comments:

  1. I love the range of Barry M nail polishes you got. I'm absolutely hopeless at applying nail polish, so I limit it to my toes in Summer, as they're not on view up close! I'm a bit of a make-up addict, and have to tear myself away from make-up counters at the chemist. Not being able to shop has put a stop to that haha! Glad to hear that you got a lovely lunch at the Tearoom with your Mum. That must have been such a treat for both of you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Internet shopping is very useful and my makeup bag was due a revamp. It was quite exciting when it all arrived. I’ve ordered a couple of new dresses and a jumper as well. I’ve gone up a dress size recently and I don’t like wearing clothes that are too tight. Any excuse for a new outfit haha xxx

      Delete
  2. my mum has ordered some Barry m for me and they are on their way to me as japan post was holding items at customs due to covid, I know it’s lots of nail polish, some English books, sweets and tummy medicine that I can’t get over here and essentials as Japanese don’t smell and are the size of small teenagers. And I was running of out of hair bleach, so she did me a big shop, well a family shop. I just prey that it doesn’t get held up!
    As the import shop is really expensive. I am glad you had a good time, I miss Roly polly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your parcel has arrived Allie, it sounds like a real treat. I hadn’t had roly poly for years. I don’t even know why I was tempted to it, but it was really good xx

      Delete
  3. That Barry M looks fantastic on you, one of my favourite colours! I'm like you with make-up, I've had the same stuff for years and never try anything new so it's really exciting when you treat yourself, you don't know where to start first! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t put the polish on properly and it’s gone chippy already. Think it needed a base coat, which I haven’t got. More online shopping me thinks haha xxx

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, whimberry pie and custard! My Mum and Gran used to make them (if my memory serves me well, I think we used to pick the berries on the moors?) and just the thought of them is making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum loved it. I’m partial to a bit of strawberry and apple pie when it’s on the menu.

      Delete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS