Sunday 5 July 2020

Lockdown Diary - A bit of self improvement


Last time I had painted nails was August 2019.  Fingers and toes were given a treat for my nephew Thomas’s wedding to his beautiful Chloi.


During lockdown my nails have, for whatever reason, become quite strong and not a bad shape to say I never do a thing to them.  I decided to have a bit of an online shop over at Barry M Cosmetics. A mid price range company. One I know friend Vix uses for her nail polishes.



After a check of my makeup bag I realised everything in it was years old.  Not very hygienic I’m sure, so I’ve replaced my mascara, added a nude lipstick and a much needed blusher.  That’ll probably be me done now for the next two years haha.  The makeup bag was off Spitalfields Market, London a few years ago and cost £4.  Sometimes its used as a bag when I just need my keys, phone and hankie.  I’ll be adding handsanitzer to it now I suppose. 


Took Mum out for lunch to our favourite tearoom and farm shop  

As I’ve been shopping there during lockdown and have been a friend of this family run business for years I knew we would be well looked after and everything would be in order.  And it was.  We both enjoyed a beautiful roast beef lunch and Mum had one of their renowned whimberry pies with custard.  I didn’t slack myself and had jam roly poly pudding and custard.  I’m not joking when I said I could have licked the plates clean it was all so good.


I couldn’t leave the wandering welder out could I. 

 “There’s a couple of things in my basket you might like to get your hands on”. I informed him


Keep staying safe and local 
Lynn 
x

Countdown now to getting my hair cut
4 more sleeps

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS