Wednesday 1 April 2020

Over and Out


This is my beautiful, funny Auntie Gladys.
I’ve written about her  so many times over the years
on my little blog.


On Monday, after a diagnosis only six weeks ago of lung cancer, she passed away peacefully in her sleep.
To say my heart is broken is putting it mildly.


She led a good life, worked hard, loved to follow the horse racing,  was a keen gardener and won many prizes for best backyard in Rochdale.


I bought her a knitted rabbit and she went on to copy it and make several of them over the last six months for family and friends.

Coronavirus has robbed us of so much including not being able to be with my beloved auntie when she needed me the most.  As a family we cannot even comfort each other physically and my Mum will not be able to come to the  funeral.  I hope we all make it out the other side and learn lessons from all this.


As Auntie Gladys used to say before she slammed the
phone down.

“Over and Out”

16.01.1932 - 31.03.2020
Age 88

Stay safe every one 
Lynn
X

A post dedicated to a much loved Auntie 

Linking to 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS