Wednesday 11 March 2020

A weekend with some gradely folk - woyww

This weekend  I ventured over the border into Yorkshire for a craft weekend at Anne Brooke’s Studio in Brighouse.



The very lovely and talented Emily Notman lead a Mixed Media workshop.  It was pretty full on but being with like minded folk and learning  new techniques meant the time sped by in the blink of an eye.



We started out by creating embellishments with air dry clay (available in places like The Works & The Range).  Then we painted up papers and fabrics with emulsion paints (tester pots),  did some marbling using shaving foam, inks and paint and some using water and inks.


Then lots of layering and stitching and building up textures.
I may frame my pieces separately or make them into one piece.  

It was super fun and I’ll show you the end results once I’ve finished.

Here’s some pieces other folk made 







No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS