Wednesday 9 August 2023

WOYWW …… an accordion, a packet of crisp and a mile a day


No craft desk again this week because I’ve been
concentrating on the start of my Walk 31 Miles in August
for Maggies Cancer Centres.


I’m having great fun and it’s so nice to get
out in nature every day.


Here’s a few collage of my first week.


Sunday I was taken out for the day by
my best friend Sue for my birthday


Then I did a quick dash home to change into my Maggies
charity T-shirt and off I went again.


Walking around our local reservoir and waterski centre
is 1.5 miles and is a beautiful walk.


How many folk can see say they bumped into an accordion
playing ex football player while out on their walk.  Not
many I’d bet haha.

On Monday I found a packet of Quavers and five minutes later
found a tinfoil wrap of sandwiches.  Eh up I thought, I only need
a drink and a biscuit and I’ll have my lunch.

Someone’s rucksack must have been open and they had fallen
out.  Poor thing, imagine sitting down ready for your picnic after
a long walk, only to find you’d lost it all.


Well here’s me ready for another outing.  I’ll be joined
by my friend Jane today, wonder what we will encounter
this time.

Saying hello to all Julia’s desk hoppers and hoping you
have a good week.


14 comments:

  1. What lovely walks you are going on and for a good cause too Lynn. Glad you had a nice birthday. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trail food! Poor hungry hiker will be very sad! Must be quick before blogspot eats my post...
    Happy desk-hopping day!
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather looks better there for walking than here ! That poor person who lost their snacks. Good luck with the challenge . Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walking for any cause is always so motivating. I'm starting a new challenge today and I'm supposed to walk for 5 minutes. Hmmm I WILL make it happen. Look forward to more pictures from your adventure!
    Creative Blessings! ~Kelly #20

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love a good walk but these days my knee aches so it just isn't possible. Enjoy!
    Glenda #17

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you for the walking challenge....fab photos.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #9

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a very worthy cause and you had some excitement along the way, too. Happy WOYWW from # 3.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done you for the Maggie walking, hope you raise lots of cash!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great challenge. Well done you. Fingers crossed for more sunny days. Lovely photos. x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super walks so far and glad you had a great birthday. Hugs BJ#7

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you've had a good week and well done with the walks. Hugs, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful initiative, Lynn! Oh, and happy belated birthday my lovely friend. I'm sorry I missed it :-( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya, loving the t-shirt! I did have a cuckle about the misplaced food - yes I bet there was a very disappointed person that day! Did I see it's your birthday today? Hope it was a good one. Sorry I am so late, the week went downhill from Weds lunchtime, as it often does, so here I am playing catch up. Enjoy the rest of the week! Love n hugs Cindyxx #13

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS