Wednesday 5 July 2023

WOYWW - June you’ve flown by


I can’t believe I’ve written three blog posts in as many days,
but I have.

June has flown by in a whirl of activity like the rest of the year
so far.

As you can see we’ve been on the steam train again. This time
it was a Murder Mystery Trip with the theme
Strictly Come Dying’

It was brilliant fun but we all agreed we were more the bumbling
detectives than Poirot. We were absolutely useless, despite Trish
doing her best to solve who’d done it.


Back on a more normal train last week but one with lovely
views.  We went from Grange Over Sands to Lancaster via
Arnside & Silverdale in Cumbria.

Friends had asked us if we would join them in their 25th
wedding anniversary celebrations.  Well not one to turn down
an invitation, we spent two nights in our favourite hotel Clare House
in Grange Over Sands, Cumbria.


So I’ve not been near my work desk and it’s not likely I will
be this week either as we have brought Mum upto the Lake District
for a little holiday.



On the way up we stopped off for lunch at Ingleton and I
asked the Wandering Welder if I could have this gorgeous
French market basket as an early birthday present. I may
have to go back for another in a different colour way.


There’s plans to meet friends at the amazing Buddhist Temple
and gardens near Ulverston and maybe a walk along the
prom if the weather is kind to us.


Another June day was spent helping my bestie choose a special
dress for her son’s wedding and afterwards celebrating with
lunch at a lovely garden centre near Clitheroe.


Wishing all Julia’s Workdesk Wednesday pals a happy creative
week.  Hopefully I’ll have worked on something by next week.


See you soon 
Lynn xx

Here’s a link to what we got upto at the weekend

16 comments:

  1. It’s so lovely to see you on the desks again Lynn, funnily enough I thought of you only yesterday! I adore that blue patchwork dress you have in the last pic and would have snaffled a French market basket too, lovely colours! Nice to see your mum doing ok too.
    Hugs LLJ 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan she’ll be 91 in November xx

      Delete
  2. You have been so busy it is no surprise you have not been near your desk! Love the market basket too - so many colours, I'd say you need at least one more... If you were so busy you have skipped WOYWW recently you may have missed my post about kawandi quilting. Google it. I feel quite certain if it is new to you it is totally up your alley. Think big stitch, slow sewing, and a unique construction - check it out on YouTube as well. Having said all that I won't be surprised if you already know allllll about it.... :D
    Happy miserably wet WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary Anne I’ll check that out

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love that basket! I think it would fit on my walker and look lovely . . . did you manage to get a business card by any chance?
    What a super Mystery time you've had . . great costumes.
    Hope you have a wonderful time with your Mother . . . . enjoy.
    Christine #14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine
      I didn’t get a business card but I bought it from Country Harvest shop and restaurant at Ingleton
      It’s on the A65 going towards Kendal
      Hope you find one
      Lynn xx

      Delete
  4. So lovely seeing you joining in the fun this week and even more so to see what a busy life you are leading. You've had some wonderful days out and it's really lovely of you to share them with us.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see you , no wonder you only have time to join in monthly, you get up to so much ! I'm envious !! Happy woyww Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. The murder mystery sounds exciting and your basket is lovely. So many delightful colours to choose from. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a long time since I've seen you here, Lynn. That is a nice French basket. Pretty colors.

    I would LOVE to join you on that murder mystery train. It sounds exciting. And I like you were dressed the part, too. Happy WOYWW from # 2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely outings and photos Lynn. That bag is wonderful. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

    ReplyDelete
  9. That definitely was a month of June well spent and full of joyful occasions. I'm swooning over that basket and of course you've got to go back and get another one. How can one possible choose, they're all utterly gorgeous, particularly for someone like me with a basket addiction :-)
    Have a fab time in the Lake District! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you are one very busy lady! It's so good to spend quality time with friends and family. I agree, those basket colours are glorious! x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynn, just got back from mum's, nearly finished. Trying to get round everyone before bed as we're back at the house tomorrow. Loving your photos and especially the baskets. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh the colours of those baskets are gorgeous, never seen anything like that!! You may have been the bumbling detectives but I bet you had fun!! Looks like you've been finding plenty to do. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #15

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's great to see you back and how I've enjoyed your post, full,of tales and enthusiasm, what a fab month you've had, it makes me very happy for you. Your lovely Ma looks well, how great. Im a bit relieved to hear that you weren't the Poirots of the day, I'm absolutely useless at the thinking required and am a bit nervous about our first MM invitation!

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS