Thursday 17 March 2022

End of an era


Thursdays will never be the same in our house after this week. Our beautiful talented friend and hairdresser Angela is off to pastures new as a tutor to hairdressing apprentices in Manchester. We’ve been friends for nearly30 years since she started doing my hair in her first salon.

That’s not the end of the story though as her gorgeous son and daughter are my godchildren and along with her Mum we count them as family.


Here she is looking very glamorous sat next to the wandering welder at Christmas when we had a trip on the Northern Belle. You can read about it HERE


So good luck in your new venture our dear friend.


Moving swiftly on before I start being a weeping Willy again, here’s a new book I started reading this week.  Think of a Chinese family running a takeaway in Wales. Lots of family secrets, throw in some funny bits and it’s making for a good read.


On Tuesday afternoon we took advantage of the Meerkat two for one cinema tickets and watched Belfast. It’s a great film, a little hard to watch at the moment with the current Ukraine situation, but worth seeing nonetheless. There’s warmth and laughter in amongst the angst and bewilderment of life in Northern Ireland.

I’m loving this retirement malarkey, after the cinema we treated ourselves to tea out at a local restaurant. I did all this with another precious friend Sue, not with Philip who was busy at home compiling trick questions for Elvista a country music local radio dj. I think Philip must be the only one listening to the station as he wins the competition every week and is awarded with two cd playlists of the programme.


 I’ll just slip this one in before I go. Good friend Vix wrote about the designer Dilly Grey donating 50% of the money on her sale items going to help the folk in the Ukraine. I’ve been wanting to own one of her dresses for awhile, so this felt like the perfect opportunity.

Read about it HERE  At the end of the campaign they had raised £10,400

When you can’t decide which frock to wear just wear one on top of another. Saves on wearing a vest as well.


I’ll be scrabbling around in my cave like wardrobe for further combinations as this one worked so well.

Have a good weekend. Spring is on its way.

LINKING UP WITH


6 comments:

  1. Oh that Dilli Grey dress looks amazing on you, I was so close to buying that one, too! Didn't Vickie do well raising so much money? Loving the double frock idea, too - I'm fond of a dress with a maxi skirt over the top - you get a pettitcoat for free.
    I'll have to wait for Belfast to go on Netflix, loved The Duke, though!
    Wishing Angela lots of success with her new adventure! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always sad when a friend moves on, but you will still be 'family' despite the miles.
    I often double up on my clothes. Your grey combo looks great. I love the black/pink dress too. I have a couple that style but I have to tuck the tassels in at home because my cat thinks they are just there for him to play with!
    I am looking for new books for my upcoming holiday so I have just added Happy Families to my Kindle. I am sure I will enjoy it. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you style Lynn, nice dress(es!). Retirement is not so bad after all. I am hoping you can find a new hairdresser, it's always quite stressful with a new one as you never know what they might do though luckily it will grow back Lol! I like the look of the new book, love anything with a bit of smiles included. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely dress! (the Dilly Grey) and the two dresses on top of each other really are a success. Looking good.
    It is sad to say goodbye to a good friend and not nice to be losing your trusted hairdresser. I hope you can find someone who does it just as well.
    No, I've not heard of the book or seen that film, but I will be looking out for them.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure Angela moving on to pastures new is both a sad and a happy occasion, but at least you've still got her as a friend, if not as a hairdresser. But what will you do now? Changing hairdressers is always traumatic, especially after such a long time! Loving your Dilly Grey frock and what a lovely gesture of its owner! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a similar experience last year. My hairdresser, who I loved moved out of state, and now I get all these people who have no idea how to cut hair. I can empathize because you and your friend have done this for years and years.

    What a lovely Dilly Grey and so good of her to donate to such a worthy cause.

    I've heard Belfast was great. glad you liked it. Have a super weekend and week ahead, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS