Monday 4 October 2021

Retirement diary - Autumnal Days


We are loving this retirement malarkey
The week has started with a walk round nearby Cowm Resevoir.


It’s a beautiful walk anytime of the year and particularly
stunning in Autumn.


At one point we sat on a bench feeling the sun on our faces
and chuckling about what we would put in a packed lunch box
if we had brought one.


‘Cheese butties’ said I, ‘with a sliced tomato on brown bread and a packet of plain crisps’.


‘I’d have a penguin biscuit in mine as well’ said the wandering welder.

‘What no banana butties ?’ 


‘What about a drink’ said I.

‘We can dig into the pension and buy one off the man in the tea van
when we get to the other side’ said himself.

‘Good idea. Then home for an afternoon of reading my new
library books and an episode of escape to the country’ said I.


Look I managed to bag the new Jamie Oliver book.

Enjoy these Autumn days
Lynn & Philip
x x







4 comments:

  1. You looked to have had a gloriously sunny autumnal day - all that was missing? That picnic! A good excuse to do it again but this time with provisions 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of your walkabout, and especially the "What If?" lunch...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm more than just a bit nostalgic for last Autumn, when I was semi-retired due to Covid. The weather was mostly glorious and it felt so good being able to spend so much time together. Alas, I've got to wait another few years until I can actually retire ... Love the account of your walk, and the contents of your imaginary lunch box :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am an autumn lover, I love the colours and that’s its comming to the end of typhoon season here. We have had a couple of nasty ones. But the kids loved watching them pass by from the window. Bad idea I know.
    I want Jamie’s book but it’s £30 over here so I need to needle mum. Baking season starts for me. I don’t really bother in summer appart from bread but now bring it on!

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS