Sunday 6 June 2021

Saturday and Sunday have flown by


Now this is upsetting.  On having reported the excitement of watching the blue tits
flying in and out of the nesting box we think they’ve died.  We don’t know for sure but
after speaking to a neighbour about hers it’s looking that way.

The wandering welder is going to get up the ladder and have a look.

We thought it odd that we hadn’t heard them tweeting for food and that there
was no sign of the parents flying in and out with food.


I checked online to see if by now they may have flown the nest, but it’s looking unlikely.
Here’s what I found.

A link to the life of this little garden bird


On a nicer note, here’s what has greeted us in the garden over the weekend.
The deep red peony has been in the garden longer than we’ve lived in the house
and that’s over 30 years.  The variegated leaf dwarf rhododendron bush is a new
addition this year. We bought it to fill a gap.


Sunday and we had an outing over the border to try out a new Italian restaurant
in Todmorden. The views over the canal from the outside seating area were lovely.



It’s nice to be able to get out and about again.


Bruschetta starter for me and a gnocchi pasta dish as a main.
The profiteroles and coffee I had after didn’t touch the sides.
They were delicious


On the way back to the car we came across this little free library
and passed some pretty front gardens.




Back home and on checking the TV guide I think we will give the
new BBC1 prison drama TIME a go.  It features one of my favourite actors
Stephen Graham as a prison warden and Sean Bean as an alcoholic who’s flouting
of the drink/driving laws leads to a tragedy and imprisonment.  The wonderful
Sue Johnson plays his mother.

I’ve got my lovely goddaughter Amy coming for a visit tomorrow (Monday)
and will be making a start on the new textile society project.


Lynn
x

3 comments:

  1. What a shame about the blue tits, I wonder what's happened there?
    I'm glad you had a lovely posh dinner out. I'd be happy with that brucheta and that great mountain of rocket, yum!
    Wasn't Time good? Too traumatic to watch more than one at a time though, I'm still traumatised from last night's episode!
    Have a lovely day today. We're still having water chaos and will need to boil all our water until further notice, it's like living in a war zone! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh eck the water situation doesn’t sound good. Fingers crossed it gets sorted sooner rather than later.
      Can’t wait to watch the next episode of Time. I think I’ll end up watching it on IPlayer.
      It was one of them programmes that made you very vocal. I was exclaiming all the way through it. Xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh, how sad! Has Philip had a closer look in the meantime? Perhaps they've flown the nest after all ...
    Loving all the blooms in your garden, and I'm salivating the sight of your posh Italian dinner out. xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS