Sunday 2 May 2021

One day at a time

Crikey the blog posts are coming thick and fast this week.
Don’t worry it won’t last.
What’s that you say “thank goodness for that”.


Before setting off to have lunch with a friend on Saturday and help
her set up her astrology business on Facebook, I decided to give the dresser
in the kitchen a wipe down and get rid of the plates and cups that
were either chipped or had lost their pattern.


Most of our crockery is bought from charity shops
or vintage trader friends and is generally mismatched or plain white.



Since we changed the office and spare bedroom round, got rid of loads of clutter
and started the garden renovations I’ve become a bit obsessed with keeping things tidy.
Not sure how long that will last. It’s nice to be able to move round freely though.

We watched a super new series on Saturday night
Channel 4, 8pm


Loved scouser Joel Bird, garden designer and presenter.
He won the Best Shed Competition a few years ago and has appeared
on programmes like Gardeners World since.


A little round up of April in our garden
Well we’ve all day Sunday to go at now and I’m bracing
myself for an outdoor lunch with my bestie.
It’ll be thermals, woolly tights and a big coat.

Have a lovely day whatever you get upto.
I bet I know what most folk will be watching tonight.
Line Of Duty finale.

Lynn
x

5 comments:

  1. Your garden is bliss, such a good match for your indoors! I won’t be watching LoD, haven’t seen any of them yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dresser and the bits on it are lovely and yes we will be watching Line of Duty. Sunday nights won't be the same without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your frock, the dresser and the garden are all a delight! Wasn't that lovely cakestand from Pat?
    I love Joel, he lives in Margate, doesn't he? I remember his shed roof garden. I shall give that programme a bash later, gardening might calm my nerves before Line of Duty!
    Hope you had a lovely lunch out. It's been warm and sunny here today, not expected! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, you are wearing that gorgeous frock again! It looks absolutely amazing with the chunky blue cardigan, too. Loving the dresser and its contents, and I do wish that some of your and Vix's tidiness would rub off on me :-) I hope you had a lovely lunch out, and how clever you are helping your friend set up that website! I wouldn't have a clue! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have been tidying during lockdown and I loved it. I felt more organised. And still do. Sold loads of books and ink naks. I love odd China. I love drinking from a tea cup. Love and huggs

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS