Saturday 1 May 2021

Hello May

Here we are on the last day of April.where on earth did that month go. Someone put the brakes on time please.


On Friday morning after catching up on blog posts and comments, a morning cuppa and berries and porridge for breakfast, we split up to do our own thing for a few hours.  

The wandering welder’s task was to relocate the ugly bins. I hate looking at them they are an eyesore. Before Philip turned our garage into his man cave we used to keep them in there. The new site will be up the side of the garage out of view from me.  


I’m not convinced the new pitch is much better as they will be visible from the lane.
I’ll post pics of the end result when it’s done.


The full skip is now ready to go back.
It was the best £120 we’ve spent, we certainly couldn’t have managed without it.


Just before it goes though I raided it and retrieved a piece of privet branch to
display the textile piece I’d made in the afternoon after my zoom meeting with
the No Rules Textile Society.




We are still working on a lace prompt so I weaved strips of a modern cotton and a wool thread
into this pretty antique mat then finished it off on the sewing machine
by stitching a grid of running stitch over the centre.



I'll have to rejig the cork wall again now to accommodate my lace creations.


And so we jump into May

Saturday mornings always start off with a cuppa in bed and listening to
Sounds of the Sixties with Tony Blackburn on Radio 2.  The sun has got
his hat on, even though it’s cold outside and I’ve got a new book to start.

Anyone who is a fan of the book Eleanor Oliphant or of author
Ruth Hogan and The Keeper Of Lost Things will like this
debut novel about Amy Ashton the hoarder. 

There’s some planting to be done in the garden this morning before visiting
a friend for lunch and helping her set up her astrology website.

I hope May is kind to everyone and we keep moving
forward in a positive way.

Lynn
X










2 comments:

  1. White Rabbits!
    Another lovely outfit.
    Isn't it funny how things that we've lived with for years suddenly start to irk us? Maybe you should get some sticky backed camo print plastic to hide the bins, if such a thing exists. I've seen some printed with garden scenes but they're a bit twee.
    Your workroom looks more like an art gallery by the day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering the same! Nothing out of the ordinary is happening, and the days do tend to look a bit same-ish, but still time trundles buy like a freight train at full speed!
    Bins can be such an eyesore, can't they. Luckily ours are kept in the shed!
    I'm loving your lacy creations and I'll be keeping an eye out for that book! xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS