Friday 30 April 2021

Lockdown With the Holland’s



Wednesday was market day for us. We missed last week as we stayed home
to do a bit more on the garden renovations, so this week we had a good stock up.
There seemed to be more folk about, maybe it’s because confidence is returning
now a lot of us have had our second jabs.

Back on the garden renovations.


This part of the garden is the hardest bit for us to tackle.
We’ve gone through so many ideas as to do with it.
What you can’t see is a three foot drop on the other side of the flags.

The patio part on the right we will repack so that it’s more level, then we’ve
decided to throw about 10 bags of compost along the ditch between the stones
and the flags and fill it with bushes that we’ve pilfered from here, there and
everywhere in the hope that some of them will take and form a hedge.
If it doesn’t work we won’t have lost a lot and we will have
to have a rethink.


After my daily Pilates practice on Thursday, some office work and phone calls,
I had my hair bouffanted then got stuck into some textile experimenting for
Friday’s zoom meeting with the No Rules Textile Society.


I’m looking forward to sitting down over the weekend with this new Kaffe Fassett book.
It’s jam packed with gorgeous pictures full of colour.


I’ve got lunch with my bestie on Sunday, let’s hope the weather is kind to us
I’ll be wearing lots of layers just in case it’s cold.

On Saturday I’ll be helping another lovely friend set up a web page
for her astrology business.

Meanwhile the wandering welder will be carrying on with the garden renovations.

To finish of here’s one of Mum’s Facebook funnies.








Joining in with Annie’s Friday Smiles





10 comments:

  1. I still don't understand where the word "jab" came from. Here it's a vaccine. But I'm hopeful you have had yours. That textile group sounds wonderful. Good luck with your landscaping, too, dear. Have a great Friday and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be keeping busy despite the situation. That's lots of work in the garden but I am sure you will be pleased with the result.
    The textile work looks really interesting.
    I do love my weekly trip to the market and seeing all the fruit and veg so lovely and fresh. There are a lot more folk around here too. We are a bit behind UK on vaccines but we do only wait three weeks for our second dose, so we both be done by this time next week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your garden renovation is coming on a treat. Good idea to put some pilfered bushes there and see what happens.
    Those textile pieces look lovely with all that old lace.
    That looks like a great book. I used to have a book of knitting patterns by him. I think it got taken to the charity shop when we moved to Spain.
    The funnies made me chuckle. We can all empathise.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you’ve a lovely weekend planned. I’m hoping to play with my new paint pens...I’m really impressed with them so far (the pens not my results I hasten to add). I’m sure your garden will look fab whatever you decide....and I can’t wait to see what gets done.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your weekend is well planned, it looks as though it's just starting to rain here though we do need it. Not sure what it's like where you are t the moment. We were quite shocked when we came here as it's so dry most of the time whereas when we lived near Wigan it was either raining, rained or going to rain! it is much dryer on this side of the country for sure. The Kaffe Fasset book looks brilliant. I do have an early book of his somewhere. As was lucky enough to meet him years ago and he signed the book for me. I have always loved his skills in designing and his brave use of colour. Love the funnies too though sadly I can relate to some of them! Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely frocks, Mrs! That Kaffe Fassett book looks like a cracking bit of eye candy, my Mum & Grandma were obsessed with his designs.
    I reckon the Mind Your own Business we've just planted in the cracks around the pond slabs and in the walls would be perfect for that strip in need of planting, it would fill up the gaps between your filched shrubs and form a carpet of lush green! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip I’m on with it as we speak xxx

      Delete
  7. You're putting in a lot of work in the garden, it seems. Mind you, we're doing the same. I'm seconding Vix's idea of planting Mind Your Own Business between the shrubs. Love that gorgeous dress you're wearing for your Zoom meeting and I love the look of your textile experiments! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s been good fun doing the zoom meetings, being with like minded folk Ann.
      I’ve picked up the tip you and Vix gave on the planting thank you xxx

      Delete
  8. Great funnies - so apt! i love your experiments and the "lavender and old lace" on your WOYWW page is a brilliant idea. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS