Wednesday 3 March 2021

What’s on your Workdesk Wednesday - Books, Frocks and Some Stitching


Before I get to my desk there was a trip to be had to the post office
and a trip to the library to return the books borrowed using the
Select and Collect service.  You can’t go into the library itself, only
to the front door where you drop the books in a box.  They are
then left for 72 hours I think before going back on the shelves.


I’ll be glad when I can visit properly.  It’s a place I’ve attended
since being a small child.

For frock fans these are both from PALAVAFOLK the jacket and cardigan
are both charity shop finds and the shoes are from FLY LONDON


Now to the desk.

I’m still doing the No Rules Patchwork online course, but
typical me I’ve gone off piste.  Jayne the tutor laughed and
said she expects us to do our own thing.

Thank goodness for that is all I can say.


This started out as an old antimacassar for the back of a chair.

I’ve cut it up, rearranged, stitched it back together and added some ticking
fabric that I’ve cut into strips.

I’ll add some hand stitching and fiff & faff some more with it before
adding a piece of old brown electrical wire I found to weave through
the top to turn it into a hanging.


Back to books.  My friend lent me Philip Schofield’s life story.
It’s funny, open hearted and sensitive.  I’m amazed at just how
much he has done.  He writes as he speaks, which works for me every time.
The audio version is read by Philip himself.  I had a preview listen. It’s very good.


Now I hope everyone has had a good week and the folk
who’ve now had their vaccine jabs are all feeling ok and
more optimistic for the future.



See you all next week
Lynn
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS