Friday 12 March 2021

It’s so nice to have like minded friends


The kindness of friends 


This amazing parcel arrived on Thursday morning from a dear
and talented friend in Montgomery in the Welsh county of Powys.


 Me and the wandering welder grinned at each other when we
spotted the Welsh cakes.

Then he said ‘Look what it says on the mug. You’re always
saying you’d love to live next door to Tina’.


Further unwrapping led to lots of oohing and aahing over the
hand stitched fabric box, made with vintage fabrics in Boro
stitching.  It’s amazing, we examined every inch of it.


Inside each little item was wrapped in old pattern paper and we
held our breathe over each piece.  A tiny handmade needle case,
a tiny pin cushion made from an antique miniature tart tin, a stitch
picker, a card of  exquisite buttons, a super thimble with lovely
markings and finally a pair of embroidery scissors in a hand stitched
case that matches the fabric


As we unwrapped each piece we realised that it was a
travel sewing case.  

One I will be taking with me when we eventually get to see and spend
time with our lovely friend.  Thank you Tina, I know you will be reading this.


More loveliness arrived in the form of these embellishments
from another friend and textile artist Viv Sliwka.



I made quick use of them by adding them to the fabrics sample
pieces I’ve made from scrap fabrics.


This online textile course I’m doing is really getting me back
into experimenting and learning new things.



I’ve ordered an afternoon tea tray for Mother’s Day from
our favourite farm shop. If the weather is kind we’ll take the
long way home so that Mum gets a change of scenery. Then
it’ll be tea and a film and a few presents.

Whatever you are doing on Sunday be kind to yourself
and those around you.
We could all do with a hug 

Lynn
x

Linking up with 

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift to receive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m thrilled to bits and can’t stop looking at it

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic friend and a wonderful present. Each part is so special.
    I smiled at the mention of Welsh cakes. I still make them at least one Sunday a month. Back during the war (before I was born), my brothers and sisters were evacuated to Wales and because my sister was still a baby, Mum went with them. They lived with a village smithy. He made mum a griddle pan and his wife taught mum to make Welsh cake on it. She died over twenty years ago, but I have mu own griddle and use her recipe every time. It always stirs some happy memories.
    Sunday is not Mothering Sunday here, but I expect I will hear from all my boys, except one who lives in Denmark and they also celebrate on a different day so he sometimes misses the date. Hope you have a nice day with your mum. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful story Kate. I love hearing about people’s childhood memories.
      We had a lovely day with Mum. Afternoon tea at home and a few presents
      Lynn xx

      Delete
  3. It’s so lovely to see your parcel in closer detail. It’s so ‘you’ and I’m certain it will be put to good use. Have a lovely weekend my friend.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you’ve been very spoiled today, Mother’s Day, Annie.
      Love Lynn xx

      Delete
  4. What an amazing gift.I had to look up boro stitching and spent a happy half hour looking at the most amazing Japanese garments and other bits and pieces.
    Your fabric adventure is fascinating. Those embroidered pieces are so gorgeous and enhance your pieces beautifully.
    I've had Welsh cakes before and I agree they are very yummy. The wandering welder agrees too. I called him a plumber in a previous comment. Please convey my apologies to him. I must have had a funny five minutes. I should remember as my son is a welder.
    I forgot Mothering Sunday is very early in the UK. In the Netherlands it is the second Sunday in May and here in Spain it is the first Sunday in May.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Stay safe,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The subject of Boro is fascinating isn’t it. I’d love to go on some sort of tour or talk about it.
      The wandering welder says all is forgiven hahaha
      Lynn xx

      Delete
  5. Your very lucky, I would love to send you some bits and peices from japan as I know you appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be lovely Allie. I could pay the postage xx

      Delete
  6. Weren't you spoiled Mrs. H.? Tina's travel sewing case is gorgeous, and as for those Welsh cakes: yummy! Those embellishments are lovely too, and of course, being on a roll, you already had to make use of them :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really feel totally spoilt. I think when you appreciate the time, thought and effort as well as love has gone into something it touches your heart
      Lynn xxx

      Delete
  7. Hi Lynn, the sewing box is lovely. I know I'm late this week...seem to have been late for everything but we had to do some shopping yesterday for my mum as they are taking her home on Monday so things got a bit hectic yesterday. Take care and have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home your Mum will be okay. Don’t forget to make some time for yourself Angela.
      Take care.
      Lynn xx

      Delete
  8. I wish you lived next door, too... xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS