Monday 15 February 2021

I’ve got a new man

SUNDAY 

I’ve discovered Raymond Blanc on the telly.
At first I wasn’t sure as his accent is a bit hard to understand.
But his recipes surprised me.

A simple 7 minute Pea Soup

Fry chopped onions & garlic
Add frozen garden peas
Add boiling water & little salt & pepper
Simmer for three minutes 
Add a touch of olive oil
Blitz with hand blender
A’ voila enjoy.

But first a pamper morning
Shower, hair washed, facial & foot reflexology
and a Pilates session. Followed by a healthy porridge,
banana and blueberry breakfast.

I sound like I’m having a day at a posh spa don’t I.


This is what happens when I’m let loose with heated rollers.
Head full of fluff, looking like a throwback from the 1980’s.
Hopefully it will drop in a couple of days. Come back Angela
all is forgiven.


So I thought I’d take my chances on getting a table for Sunday lunch
at the pub heehee.  Living in hope like my brooch.


Nah,  it’s not happening so I better get rattling them pots and pans
and get cooking up our evening meal.

Before that though there’s my weekly telephone catch up with
my sister in Oxford.  We get a cuppa, get comfy and settle down
for a couple of hours nattering.  Thank goodness it’s not like the
old days having to go out to a cold smelly phone box and shove
loads of coins in.

Tonight we are going to watch the last episode of The Serpent again.
It’s worth a second look and tune into The Great Pottery Throwdown.

Let’s go into the new week with a smile
and purpose, knowing we are moving forward
Take care
Lynn
X



11 comments:

  1. I’ve just caught up with the moody teenager and now you’re finding a new man? What has lockdown done for you? I’m so glad to see you left me smiling. Love the new pinafore and as for the curls? What can I say? 😘
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the curls were fine in the 80’s Annie when my face was 30+ years younger. Mind you I marginally think it’s better than the worzel gummidge’s wife look.
      Lots of love xxx

      Delete
  2. Back in my catering days I was invited to be a guest on opening night at Raymond Blanc's Brasserie Blanc in Birmingham. His poached egg with asparagus spears was sublime!
    That soup sounds delcious, I might have to give that a bash (or tell Jon to!)
    Loving your hair and lipstick, you look gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend made the soup and said it was lovely. I’m going to do it this week.
      I’ve never taken any notice of RB before but I Lomé this new series he’s made.
      Thank you for your lovely words. It’s taken 3 days for the curls to drop and me not look like an 80’s throwback xxx

      Delete
  3. That soup sounds as simple and as delicious as one I got from Smitten Kitchen - a very simple tomato soup - but oh so yum. basically it is an onion roughly chopped, lightly cooked in knob of butter and seasoned well and a tin of tomatoes and a pinch of sugar, simmer until onions fully cooked - whizz up smooth and have with crusty bread - nom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll try that recipe thanks, it sounds good. My friend made the pea soup and loved it. I’m going to do it later this week xx

      Delete
  4. Mmm, that soup sounds delicious! Will ask Jos to give it a go (haha, I'm just reading that Vix is asking Jon!). Does Philip know about Raymond, by the way? I quite like the hair, and your dress is delightful. Can you imagine having to go out to a phone box in all weathers? Can't believe we did that back in the day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hair has now dropped after 3 days and looks more normal haha.
      We used to have a phone box at the end of our street as kids and would hang about outside it.
      Lord knows why.
      Hope Jos is successful with the soup xxx

      Delete
  5. i used to love the roux brothers, I could sit and watch them for hours, Albert has sadly passed away, so has his other brother. Old enough to be my dads, but their accents to die for.
    Forget Jamie and his Essex accent. I did like jamie when he was the naked chef but not so much now sadly.
    Your hair has the farrah fawcett flick were mine is a short sharp Bob. Dyed in aqua. Needs redoing and a freshen up. But I cannot be bothered at the moment. Take care and keep safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Jamie’s 5 ingredients book, it’s my go to book it’s so simple and good.
      Glad I’ve come across Raymond though.
      My hair has now dropped after 3 days and looks less Farrah Fawcett thankfully xx

      Delete
  6. Going to try that peas soup, thanks! You are looking all glam in these photos lady...but you always look glam to be honest. xx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS