Sunday 14 February 2021

A 65 year old moody teenager

SATURDAY 
 

Postman Sid brought me another lovely parcel today
in the form of this Laura Ashley pinafore dress.

Vintage trader Marie of The Queens Drawers messaged
me to say she could just see me in it.
She was right.


Look at the lovely shawl and pretty flower brooch
she sent as a gift with the dress.

I teamed it up with a vintage Nightingale blouse I
found in a charity shop a few years ago and maroon
opaque tights and Fly London biker boots.

We always loved Saturdays before the pandemic.  After
breakfast and listening to Sounds of the Sixties on radio 2
we would be off over the border to our favourite market town
of Todmorden.  First up we would do our essential shopping, while
having a good natter with the traders.

Next up we would do a round of the charity shops before stopping
for lunch and a couple of drinks in one of Tod’s many fabulous
cafes and hostelries. 

I’ll have to admit to Saturdays being my least favourite day now
and I’m longing for the time we can go out again.


I’m hoping this little jug of bulbs will flourish. Mum bought me
them as a gift at Christmas and I should have had them planted up
by now and stored away in the dark for 10 weeks. It’ll be a miracle
if they do as I’ll probably forget they are there.

One lovely thing to come out of the day was a long chat on the phone
with my friend of over 40 years Sue P.  We had a lovely catch up and a
good giggle and both said we felt better for it.


The day and evening whizzed by and we were still without a water
supply, as we had been since early morning due to a burst
further down the road.  My heart goes out to the poor chaps
out there in the freezing cold doing there best to fix it.
At least we are in the warmth.


So apart from loading more photos on to the little Instagram 
project I’m doing, changing the bedding, a bit of vacuuming and 
cooking the tea that was Saturday.

I’m chuckling, as my inner self has been acting like a moody teenager all day.
So tomorrow I’ll give myself a kick up the backside, take the day and run with it.

Stay safe and take one day at a time.
Spring is on its way.
Lynn
x



No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS