Saturday 27 February 2021

A spring weekend and some patchwork




On Thursday I took Mum to her local park to see the carpet of crocus a friend had told me about.
It’s years since I’ve been there and it was so nice to see that the council have ploughed a lot of money into the upkeep of it.  


I’m on my second module of an online course - No Rules Patchwork. It involved cutting, stitching, rearranging, three different fabric pieces, then repeating the process again as many times as you want with the same fabrics.


Like the first task I didn’t know where I was going with this piece until I thought of making it into a bag for the rubbish rotary cutter I’d bought for the course. At least it can’t annoy me if I can’t see it. Actually I’ve decided to send it back and invest in a decent one.


It’s Saturday again and as we can’t go over the hills to Todmorden for a potter round and a bit of lunch, I thought I might as well crack on with the next assignment on my course.


Using two  pieces of different fabric bonded together the cutting, stitching, rearranging, repeat process began again.


At college I always had to be told everything ten times, well I’m no different now.  I think I’m going to have to revisit the course videos a few times for it to sink in.


Nevertheless I’m happy with the little textile piece I’ve ended up with.  I may add some beads to it yet.


I treated myself to this beautiful journal from Kate at The Journal Shed. I’m nearly at the end of the one I’m using now and I’ve decided that this one will reflect the happier times we are moving into and I’ll hopefully 
be able to add little sketches and mementos of places we’ve been.



Look at the stunning day that followed last nights Snow Moon.


I hope everyone is keeping busy and cheerful.
We are moving forward now folk.
Lynn 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS