Saturday 9 January 2021

Lockdown Diary 2021 - Saturday 9th January.... Nothing to see here again


Saturday 9th January 2021

Absolutely nothing to see here,  even the birds are flying by as if to say where’s everything gone.  The thick fog has blocked off the view of the fields across the valley and it doesn’t look like it’s going to shift anytime soon.  It’s amazingly quiet and the snow is not shifting.


I started the day of with a bit of reading and a cup of tea in bed.  I’m currently reading Kate Humble’s book A Year of Living Simply. I’ve just noticed she’s got a new series starting on Channel 5 on Sunday at 9.00pm, called Escape To The Winter Farm.  If you saw the first series you will know it’s filmed at her farm in Monmouthshire. 


Most days I write up my journal in the morning. It’s full of my ramblings as well as facts about the awful situation we are all in. Maybe one day in the future someone will pick my journals up and think crikey what a time that was, or more likely crikey that woman could spout some rubbish haha.

After a catch up with social media I headed for the shower and then spent around 30-45 minutes doing my daily Pilates.  I’ve started to vary each session.  Today I worked through it in a somatic manner, making each movement slow and flowing, connecting brain and muscle.  Some days I do it to a count of the breath and others working through the positions at a faster pace.  I’ve found that the chatter in my head is becoming more positive and I can bring myself back into the moment more easily when my thoughts start to wander.  Years of attending Pilates classes at my physio clinic are paying off.

After a breakfast of porridge and berries and another cuppa thoughts turn to what we will have for the evening meal.  Homemade vegetable soup tonight I think and we can finish off the tasty mixed seed and rye sourdough bread we picked up on our shopping trip on Wednesday.  


Postman Sid arrived with the long awaited Christmas present from my sister.  We’ve no idea where it’s been all this time.
I may just have to flounce round the house with it on my shoulder until we are allowed out again.  It’s from a British Etsy shop


Today I’d given myself the task of clearing out the space under my craft desk.  I’ve no idea when it was last done.



There was stuff under there I haven't seen for years.  Like this basket full of papers.


And I found a lovely box of fabrics as well.
I wonder if I’ll get the urge to start crafting again after all this clearing and sorting.


My Mum has got a date for her Covid vaccination, it’s Monday.  I’m hoping she will be having the Oxford one so that she doesn’t have to have another.  Either way what a relief that she’s getting it.

Saturday is generally radio 2 day in this house, except we skip the Graham Norton show. Then when all the singing and dancing is done, it’s a night with the telly and maybe a beer or two for Philip.

Take care as always 
Lynn
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS