Wednesday 2 December 2020

Proper posh now


At last the living room has come together, 
the new carpet has arrived.


Its like living in some posh woman’s house.  
It won’t be long before it’s messed up with all my stuff.  


I’m even thinking of ditching the Christmas decorations this year just so it doesn’t get cluttered up again.
Theres a few things on the window bottom and I’ll add some twinkly lights to make it a bit more festive.

The Christmas cards are usually artfully displayed  in a nice basket as I don’t like them scattered all over the place. I’ve got a vintage music case I’m going to use this year and a little picnic basket.


Wednesday is our day for shopping at the little open market of Bacup, ten minutes up the road from us.  We buy fresh fish, meat, fruit & veg and treat ourselves at the patisserie stall. It’s lovely chatting with the market traders who we’ve really got to know during these strange times.
On the way back home we stop off at the little Tesco Express for milk and other necessities we can’t get on the market.  The staff always ask how we are keeping, and if only one of us goes in they always ask “Are you on your own this week”.  Its a lovely friendly local store.


Once the shopping has been washed and put away its time for a late lunch and a chilled out afternoon reading, doing crosswords from the weekend paper or generally fiffing and faffing about.

It’s surprising how quickly Wednesday comes around.  It’s the only day we have a plan.

 
Philip has been working on this little pedal car.  Here it is after a respray in Racing Green.  I’ll post some before and after pics when I get them off his camera.

This morning (Friday) we’ve had a flurry of snow, thankfully it’s not sticking,


and I’ve just finished reading Katherine May’s book “Wintering”

It’s a lovely moving read, perfect for this time of year. Even though it was published this year, it was obviously written before the pandemic and I wonder what the author thinks and feels now and if she would write it any differently if she could have seen what was to come.
 
Stay safe everyone 
Lynn 
x

12 comments:

  1. I have Katherine May's book on my 'to read' list and am itching to get it started :) We also keep our chrimbly cards in one decorative basket rather than hang them up or have on every flat surface - it seems to make everything feel very cluttered! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy the book, I did. I was going to pass it on but think I’ll put it on my keep shelf. It’s one I could dip in to again.
      I’m glad it’s not just me that can’t do with the cards cluttering everywhere :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, your lounge is certainly looking very posh indeed! I do wonder how long you'll keep up with the no-clutter strategy :-) I'm once again admiring your lovely green dress, which looks fabulous with the pink vest on top. I'm glad to hear you're keeping yourselves occupied in a safe way. Due to the restrictions, shopping is always a solo activity here, so there will only be just one of us! Loving Philip's pedal car and fully approving his choice of colour! Stay safe, you two! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The car has been such a lovely project for him to work on. It belongs to our neighbour Mark and it’s for his grandson Bobby. They’ve got another one to work on after this one is finished.
      Our room is still tidy one week on haha xxx

      Delete
  3. Your house is so cute! I like your dress and that cute little pedal card! Keep safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello you two! This post has only just popped up on my sidebar, how weird is that?
    You house looks absolutely wonderful, it would be a shame to clutter it up with Xmas stuff but I expect you knew I'd say that!
    The carpet and the sofa look so good together and the knitted tank top isn't too bad, eiter!
    Philip's pedal car is a stunner, I bet Salvage Hunter's Drew would pay a pretty penny for that. The colour choice is perfect.
    Thank you so much for the birthday parcel, that book is amazing and Jon loves his, too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may put a few twinkly lights up as a gesture and perhaps decorate the hallway.
    Thank goodness the birthday parcel arrived this time. Hope you enjoy the books. We’ve all got plenty of time for reading haven’t we. I’m on the marathon Christmas card writing job this week. One day I’m going to knock that on the head too. I’m such a grinch haha.
    Take care and happy birthday xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynn, it seems a pity to clutter your beautiful room with Xmas decs! I’m not a Grinch but just can’t be bothered with the whole Christmas thing this year, decs that go up also have to come down again more bother, oh now I do sound like a Grinch! I always put the cards in a basket instead of hanging them round the place. The pink top looks very nice, did you Knit it? Keep Well. Brummie Sue Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, long time no hear, I have been back in hospital with the problem I had back in the summer, but I am back at home being treat like a Queen.
    I have missed your blogs. Phillip is just like Paul except Paul likes building models and using his spray booth he is such a geek. Love the new carpet. Sadly we have a dog who sheds like no mans business. Plus carpet is very expensive over here we’re as tatami mat is the flooring of choice. It’s warm and soft underfoot.
    Tell Philip I love his car. It’s kinda strange we don’t celebrate Xmas here more new year. Which is awesome . Kids get money which they save. Going to rest now keep safe love and hugs allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allie I hope you are feeling better soon. I’m sure recovery will be quicker being treated like a queen haha.
      Thanks for sticking with me. News is a bit thin on the ground here so I’ve not had anything to blog about. I’ve just posted an update.
      Take care and don’t be overdoing things
      Love lynn xx

      Delete
  8. Greetings from La Grange, Kentucky. I admire your colorful crochet/knit vest, and may have to find a pattern so I can duplicate. Enjoying the sights you are sharing. Take care, Patty

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS