Thursday 1 October 2020

This was September......


It’s hard to believe that another month has slipped by and we are still in the midst of a world pandemic.

In the background our lives are still rolling along, the same but not the same.

I’m reading more and reading a more diverse range of books than I have before.  The reason I’m getting through them at a right rate of knots is because I’m not sleeping as well as I did, so I read rather than just lie there waiting for sleep to come.

I’ve also started taking more of an interest in cooking. Less of the ‘What shall we have’ and ‘oh this’ll do’.  I’m doing more planning and trying different things, which is making shopping simpler as I’m planning meals for the week and making a list to go with it. 


September was a busy month for birthdays and our wedding anniversary. There were no family gatherings but we did manage a few days at our caravan, met up with a friend and had a meal in our favourite hotel Clare House in Grange Over Sands.


On my sister’s birthday I had an afternoon tea with my bestie Sue.  My sister Jill lives at the other end of the country so we couldn’t celebrate with her. 


And then there was the excitement of our sofas being recovered in a gorgeous Kilim fabric.  By the end of October hopefully the new carpet will have been fitted.  It’s our way of marking our retirement from being in business for 40 years.  By the end of 2020 all the admin and legal stuff should be completed, fingers crossed.

No big plans for us even without the pandemic we wouldn’t be taking a cruise or fancy holiday. Neither would I be replacing my 17 year old VW Beetle Frida or Philip’s van, or upgrading our 22 year old caravan.  We are quite happy at home and going out for a pub meal when we can.  Simple folk, that’s us. 


It’s hard to believe that it’s six months since my lovely Auntie Gladys passed away.  It’s gone so quickly. This week I’m going to arrange for her name to be added to the family grave and then we will take her ashes there.  Not quite closure though as she wanted them scattering in Liverpool where she was born.  So what we are going to do is have a day out there sometime in the future.  I may just keep a little pocketful of ashes to take with me and give her a final trip out.


So that was September and now we roll into October.  Let’s hope that things start to improve.  I don’t know about anyone else but I look forward to this awful virus being at the back of our minds and not the forefront of our thoughts every day.

Take care everyone
Lynn 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS