Thursday 24 September 2020

We are weighing things up


Me and my friend Jan have weighed up it’s time to ditch the sweeties before our teeth drop out and the elastic holding our  trousers together snaps.


So we’ve dragged out the scales of shame, made some pretty cards to record our progress and organised our menus for the week.  

I don’t do dieting, wouldn’t know a calorie or sin if I fell over it. So I’m knocking off the cakes, biscuits and sweeties for a bit and revisiting my lovely cook books, like this Sally Bee one I got for £1.75 in a charity shop.

 
We always eat well at meal times anyway, it’s all the other stuff that’s caused the weight gain.  I’m up a dress size, my bra is sticking in me and I’ve got heartburn with all the fats.


When the wandering welder came home with these, after helping a friend with her house move, I had to tell myself they tasted of dog pooh to stop me diving right in.


Here’s my chuckle for Annie’s Friday Smiles.


This one reminds me of the wandering welder.  He’s a Virgo you know and likes to get to the bottom of things and be thorough.


Have a good weekend everyone and take good care of yourselves.

Lynn
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS