Friday 4 September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Happy news

Friday we welcomed new neighbours to the top of our lovely lane.  I do hope they’ll like us.  We are quite a nice bunch I think.


Today, Saturday we went to pay the balance owing on our reupholstered sofas.  I was literally squealing again when I saw the new footstool and the almost finished sofas.  I forgot to take my phone with me so we’ve arranged to go back on Sunday to take some photos of the progress.


The weather was a bit autumnal this morning so I donned my pinafore, tights, secondhand coat and new Fly London shoes for our trip out.  Fly shoes are equally as comfortable as my Fly London biker boots that I have in many colours.


What a super day it’s been.  I feel like the cat that’s got the cream.  As we haven’t been anywhere this year I’ve treated us to two pieces of St. Ives Artist, Sue Dove’s Textile work for our wedding anniversary on Tuesday.  It’s so nice that Philip appreciates the same sort of art as me and he gets equally as excited.  


This stunning piece has a backing of a vintage Witney wool blanket then it is layered up with felt, paper, paint, sheer fabrics and lots and lots of stitching.  I’ll show you the other piece later when the lights better. The dress is on the wall in the living room right opposite where I sit,  so I can give it a good coat of looking at every day.

We can’t stop thinking about how fabulous our sofas look now they’ve been reupholstered and we’re so looking forward to showing you.

Enjoy your evening and keep smiling
Lynn 


No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS