Saturday 11 July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Books & Faux Flowers


Friday ........

Mum   “You said we were going out today”  

Me  “ I don’t think I did, but as I’ve nowhere else to go and my newly coiffed hair needs an outing, come on let’s be having you then”.


Sanitised upto the eyeballs off we tootled over the hills to the delightful Summerseat Garden Centre between Ramsbottom and Bury in Lancashire.  I knew we would be okay there as a friend had been and given it a good report.


Carrying on the theme of buying faux plants and flowers, as neither of us are good at gardening, it was hard to resist these super sunflowers for the kitchen or hallway or even my workroom.



I managed to pick up a 50th card for a special person, who will remain nameless in case she sees this, and the smell of the Ginger & Lime soap bar was hard to resist, so I got the last two which were in the sale.

I know it’s still summer but I’m a sucker for over the knee socks, especially when they are so pretty, so these lovely blue flowered ones found there way into the trolley to be worn at some point with Chelsea boots and my vintage denim St. Michael dress that I got for a fiver off trader friend Marie of The Queens Drawers a couple of years ago.


The garden centre restaurant team were amazing in making us feel comfortable and the food was as good as ever.  I had to write my name and phone number on the disposable menu for track and trace purposes.  Everyone was upbeat and thanked us for coming.  It was a far better experience than the one I had a few weeks ago when garden centres had just reopened.


Back home Mr Amazon brought me a pile of books to keep me going until the library opens again.  They’ve been on my wish list for a while and as Philip wanted me to order him a cd he’d been eyeing up for awhile I thought I might as well get the books as well.


I’ve recently finished reading Catrina Davies second book ‘Homesick’, about her life living in a shed. 


This new one is about her busking from Norway to Portugal.




The day ended with sunshine and warmth outside and these beautifully scented Stocks & Chrysanthemums arriving from lovely friend Pat.  Such a wonderful and thoughtful surprise.  It made my day.

Hope everyone has a good weekend 
and stay safe it’s not over yet.
Lynn
x

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely day! I love all the treasures that you found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi. It was nice to do something normal.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like got some bargins. It's ages since been to that garden centre, it's on our door step too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely comfortable visit and not to busy. They had a fabulous range of plants in.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful outing to the garden centre, even if no real plants were involved. Love the sound of that soap, and the way the weather has been like you might need those over the knee socks sooner than expected. Your yellow dress is gorgeous, by the way. I'm still OK with my reading pile. No need for new books yet, as I'm still getting through those I bought at the chazzas during our last two UK holidays :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soap is lovely Ann, a very fresh smell. I wish we could get some decent weather. It seems to be either cold or raining. We’ve even had the heating on.
      The dress is from Palavafolk. I’ve had it on a few times now, I love wearing it xxx

      Delete
  4. look at your spoils! I am such a sucker for bathroom products, soap, I love the smell and how clean it makes you feel. I miss pears. You bought the book. I am still thinking about the 1st one. My packages are still at customs and I have been told the middle of next week.
    I love that dress, so pretty . I am such a sucker for denim dresses. They last forever. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a bar of soap.
      The denim dress has been a firm favourite since Marie sold it to me. I usually wear it with a vintage full length petticoat underneath.
      Hope you’ve got your parcel by now xx

      Delete
  5. Two fabulous frocks on a fabulous bird! Loving the look of that soap.
    The garden centre cafe was packed when we went on Thursday, I'm sure it was fine but everyone looked so crammed in it made me feel a bit anxious. I'm glad you're experience was far more civilised and socially distanced. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve gone a bit mad and bought myself a couple of brand new outfits. They are made by British designers though, so I like to think I’m helping the economy.
      Looking forward to a chippy and beer night on Thursday now at the neighbours. All socially distanced of course. Don’t think we will be going to the pub yet so this is the next best thing xxx

      Delete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS