Friday 10 July 2020

Lockdown diaries. - That feels better


Worzel Gummidge has gone and normal service is resumed. Someone just needs to tell my face that now.


Now I need to apply a bit of tuttie  and I guess I’m good to go.  Except I guess the only people I’ll be dazzling are the fishmonger, butcher and greengrocer.

Still it feels good to have my hair cut and styled properly.  

I’ve been totally hooked on  Alan Bennett’s “Talking Heads”on BBC1.  It’s like a good audio book with pictures. The actors are mesmerising.  I think I could easily settle down and watch them again on a rainy day when you don’t want to be outside.  They were as pleasurable as watching the Grayson Perry Art Club series.  You know that warm fuzzy comfortable feeling you get at the end of a programme you’ve enjoyed.

I’ve also been setting the recorder every afternoon for “Home is Where the Art Is” hosted by Nick Knowles. Each day three different artists, who all work in different mediums are given the opportunity to make a specific piece of art for a homeowner after looking around their house and checking out their taste.  They’ve made some fantastic pieces.  You can catch it on BBCi player,  I just keep forgetting I don’t need to record things now.


This isn’t one of the pieces made but when I checked out yesterday’s winner’s website I really loved this piece.


I can just slip in a last minute news update.  My beautiful clever goddaughter Sofia has graduated with. 2/1 in Science Psychology.  Amazing and so pleased for her.  She’s back upto Newcastle next week to start preparing for her Masters.
Onwards and upwards.

Enjoy the simple pleasures of life.
I’m off for a cuppa now.
Lynn
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS