Wednesday 3 June 2020

There’s been tears


I set the wandering welder a task this week to paint up this old canary cage for me.

During lockdown we have been entertaining passersby with little garden gate displays. There’s also a box of sweets and biscuits, a bowl of water and treats for the dogs and usually something interactive for the children.


This week I set up a little message tree.  Inside the writing case on Big Ted’s knee there are pens and tags for the children to write on and then tie there message onto a branch.

We live on a country lane that leads onto several moorland walks so there’s been a lot of families walking by.  I’ve got to be on the ball setting up in the morning as there have been children in tears when it’s not been there.  

Apart from wet weather days we’ve set something up every day since the start of the lockdown.


The canary cage is painted up, now it’s time to work some magic with a bit of wallpaper and bits and pieces from around the house.


A voila !  What do you think.  It will be hung on a bracket on the garage wall outside our gate and I’ve made it so that I can change the inside to give it a different feel every now and again.  Hope the kiddies like it.



Linking up with 

Oh yeah and I also made another one of these 






No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS