Tuesday 19 May 2020

Lockdown Diary....... Tuesday


Monday nights is Grayson Perry’s Artclub night on Channel 4 and we are obsessed with it.  Each episode there is a theme for the week. Last night the art was based on what you see out of your window.  Pretty pertinent during lockdown as it’s  something we are all doing.

We have the most fantastic views over a nature reserve and can see for miles over three counties.  But this view is from the  velux window in my  bathroom and is what I see when in the shower.  It’s actually the tree tops I see.  Sometimes I imagine I’m in a forest, it’s very peaceful apart from the sounds of the birds singing.


I’ve started a new book this morning.  An early morning read in bed with a cuppa is always a good start to the day. Especially with this view.  Prue Leith is a terrific writer of fiction, you can imagine yourself in the places she describes.  I’m glad I’ve picked up another of her books, it’s a good lockdown read.


There’s not a lot happening in this house today, except for a couple of work related phone calls, a chat with a neighbour who gave me this pretty vintage spoon as a thank you for getting them little treats over the past few weeks.  They haven’t been out for two months and still don’t know when they will be able to.


So apart from putting in a couple of loads of washing, deciding on salmon fillets with rice and vegetables for tea, having our usual walk round the block, there’s not a lot to report. I didn’t even do my Pilates practice.  I guess some days are just like that and we shouldn’t beat ourselves up about it.

I need to pull my finger out though and get a blog post ready for Wednesday’s regular looking around the Workdesks.  We have a theme tomorrow.  We are all going to blog about a project or projects we’ve not completed.  Well I’ve no end of them so that won’t be a problem.

 
Lynn 
X


 

4 comments:

  1. You really have the most wonderful view from your house, Lynn. I am quite envious. And then I'm lucky, as looking out of the window when I'm typing this, the only thing I see is the huge birch tree in our opposite neighbour's front garden. Sometimes with additional wood pigeons! That Prue Leith book looks interesting. And what a thoughtful gift from your neighbour. Love from us two xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the views that sold the house to us 30 years ago. I can’t believe we’ve been here so long. We never take it for granted either.
      We’ve had wood pigeons and magpies on the roof this last week. I’d swear they are wearing clogs they are so noisy xxx

      Delete
  2. Your window views are beautiful, you live in a very pretty place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember being mesmerised by your views when we came to stay. They're wonderful.
    All I know about Prue Leith is that she's on a cooking programme, something we never watch, I didn't know she was an author.
    Isn't that spoon lovely? xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS