Monday 18 May 2020

Lockdown Diary - Monday soon comes round

How do you stop your head telling you that you should be doing other things, no matter what it is you’re doing.  Is it just me.

Obviously if it’s an appointment or something already planned that’s different but if I start faffing about, my head will be saying you should be cleaning, clearing, gardening, making phone calls, doing office work.  Anything other than what I am doing.  What’s that all about !!!


Take today for instance I knew I had to meet the estate agent about getting a valuation on Auntie Gladys’s house, so that was fine, then I called at mum’s, then checked on a friend of mine who has to stay in until the end of June.


Back home I took part in another online art class.  This week we are looking at creating vision boards.

So after a quick loosening up doodling exercise we were given the task of finding images and words pertinent to now. Anything that appealed to us.  These are then taped/pinned to a board and we have to keep it in view, for a week, with a notebook and pen nearby to jot down any thoughts that come to mind.

Next week we rejig the board to reflect any thoughts that came up and to take our vision board a little further into the future, 3-5 years.  More about that when I get to it.


So back to the start of my post........ why do I think I shouldn’t be doing this, that I should be doing jobs.  Nobody is going to have a hissy fit or be bothered if I play all day, so what’s the problem.  I’ve no doubt there’ll be some psychobabble on google that will explain it.

Answers on a postcard please haha.



This is as close as I’ve got to cleaning.  On the recommendation of blog friend Vix I bought some coconut scrubbers 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS