Wednesday 7 August 2019

From cabbage slicer to a work of art


Remember this peculiar object that I tormented you with last week ?  
Well the answer is it’s a Dutch cabbage slicer for making sauerkraut.   
Now who’d a thought it.  

I picked it up at Beetham Post Office Tearoom in Cumbria.  It’s a favourite stop off for lunch on our way to the caravan. As well as wonderful home cooked food the whole place is a feast for the creative eye or anyone interested in antiques and homeware  Thankfully the blade is to blunt to cut anything, so there’ll be no chopped off fingers while I work with it.



After giving it a good coat of looking at an idea started to form of what I was going to do with it.


Ta dah sometime later and here it is. 


“Feel The Difference”


I’ve used old fabric scraps from my stash.  The words are from the salvage edge of some material I had.  Sewing wise I’ve used long and short stitch  and added some French knots.  So nothing to complicated.

Time for a bit of desk hopping 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS